Forum Rule Change: Names

Non-political secular news and anything else (within the boundaries of Christian morality and good taste) that is not on-topic in any other section. Any politically charged material must be posted in the private Political and Social Issues forum; please PM admin for access. All Forum Rules apply. No polemics. No heated discussions. No name-calling.
尼古拉前执事
Archon
Faith: Eastern Orthodox
Jurisdiction: Non-Phylitist

Post by 尼古拉前执事 »

You did until you made it to 11 posts. The word actually means newbie in Russian! :-) It is pronounces roughly "Nouvou".

TomS
Protoposter

Post by TomS »

Nicholas wrote:

You did until you made it to 11 posts. The word actually means newbie in Russian! :-) It is pronounces roughly "Nouvou".

Of course, if this was TRULY a TRADITIONAL Orthodox board -- the correct language to use would be GREEK! :)

----------------------------------------------------
They say that I am bad news. They say "Stay Away."

Etienne

Post by Etienne »

:) I think this is a good idea. When I joined, my first and only such venture, my attempts to use my Christian name was unsuccessful. Probably my own ineptitude. Will have a go and see what happens...... :?

Грешник
Sr Member

Post by Грешник »

Stephen, may I ask who you are named after? A bit of the life of the saint as I have never heard of this saint.

romiosini

Post by romiosini »

Lord Have Mercy!

Last edited by romiosini on Sat 17 September 2005 9:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Etienne

Post by Etienne »

Yes, and the particular Stephen was Saint Stephen the Protomartyr.

I tried various forms of the name and got told this or that name was not allowed so many times I was getting dizzy. Having a French son-in-law I was 'inspired' to try Etienne and hey presto! "No problema, you know what I mean!" /\

If Etienne was not accepted I would have had to really think, a sometimes painful exercise :)