How Do You "Stay Informed"?

Non-political secular news and anything else (within the boundaries of Christian morality and good taste) that is not on-topic in any other section. Any politically charged material must be posted in the private Political and Social Issues forum; please PM admin for access. All Forum Rules apply. No polemics. No heated discussions. No name-calling.

What is the main way that you stay informed about your community, nation, and world?

Local News Paper

13%

National News Paper

No votes

Magazine

No votes

Internet

50%

Cable News

19%

Network News

No votes

Radio

13%

Word of Mouth

6%

Other

No votes

Total votes: 16

Justin Kissel

How Do You "Stay Informed"?

Post by Justin Kissel »

Right now, for me, it'd probably be our Local Newspaper.

Mary Kissel

Post by Mary Kissel »

same here :) I also tend to hear things from others around me as well :)

Tessa

Post by Tessa »

Since I pulled the plug on cable (because of this website mostly), and basicaly the TV, I have NO idea what is going on in the world. Occasionally I will see something on Serbian sattelite TV thats is actually news from the US and I think... how ironic I watch Serbian TV from a sattelite up in space to see what's happening in my own backyard. Dumb huh.

Most the time I hear things from my "grama" in Colorado four days after the fact. She called me after the SuperBowl and was like, "did you see that rap singer's bra fall off?" Pretty funny when your TV consumption drops from about 2 hours a day to maybe an hour a week your 65 year old grandmother is hip to things and you're not.

Tessa

Господе Исусе Христа, Синe Божји, Помилуј ме грешну!

Tessa

Post by Tessa »

Since I pulled the plug on cable (because of this website mostly), and basicaly the TV, I have NO idea what is going on in the world. Occasionally I will see something on Serbian sattelite TV thats is actually news from the US and I think... how ironic I watch Serbian TV from a sattelite up in space to see what's happening in my own backyard. Dumb huh.

Most the time I hear things from my "grama" in Colorado four days after the fact. She called me after the SuperBowl and was like, "did you see that rap singer's bra fall off?" Pretty funny when your TV consumption drops from about 2 hours a day to maybe an hour a week your 65 year old grandmother is hip to things and you're not.

Tessa

Господе Исусе Христа, Синe Божји, Помилуј ме грешну!

Justin Kissel

Post by Justin Kissel »

I'm surpised that it's so non-traditional... even if most of us are traditionalists (as far as religion) :)

Valentina
Jr Member

Post by Valentina »

It's probably cable news for me-although word of mouth/internet/newspaper follow closely behind. :)

Daniel

Post by Daniel »

My truck doesn't have a cassette or CD player so I listen to the radio. Oddly enough only one station cames in :) that being Minnesota Public Radio. I am genuinely fond of MPR and listen quite often. The local paper is fine for local issues, but then again MPR still does a better job of covering stuff. And no better program exists than Wait, Wait...Don't Tell Me