Hieromonk Elia Rejected by the ROAC, Officially

News about traditional Orthodox monastics and how these monks and nuns are living out their vocations in monasteries and convents. All Forum Rules apply. No polemics. No heated discussions. No name-calling.

Moderator: Mark Templet

PFC Nektarios

Post by PFC Nektarios »

So then why doesnt he join ROCOR under Metropolitan Laurus?
Also why does he say you have to be in communion with the Jerusalem
Patriarchate to be Orthodox, then applie to a juris that doenst recognize this see. I take it that he believes the "World" Orthodox Churches are Orthodox then.

In Christ
Nektarios

PFC Nektarios

Post by PFC Nektarios »

About the Islam god, saying that is kinda Roman Catholic thinking.

In Christ
Nektarios

Justin Kissel

Post by Justin Kissel »

Justin Kissel wrote: I also wondered how the restricted usage of the internet squared with some of the ROAC sites I've seen. I can only guess that "preaching the Gospel" includes exposing heretics through polemical literature?

Nicholas wrote: Unfortunately we do not all always live up to the expectations set before us. However, I would tend to think that the Saint Basil site is not full of polemics, but spiritually profitable articles. Some border on polemic in order to define what and why ROAC is, but the rest is not polemical by design.

Justin Kissel wrote: Actually, I was thinking of the ROAC America main site...

Nicholas wrote: I will leave that up to Father George to answer.

Fr. George? :)

Monk George

Post by Monk George »

We have a very thorough researcher who takes his time on projects, leaving no stone unturned, so to speak. It has long been our desire to present substantial essays on Orthodox Dogmatics, Theology, etc. but it takes time.

God grant you patience Justin. :)

Fr. George

"Obedience is Life and the Opposite is also True."

Justin Kissel

Post by Justin Kissel »

I apologize for being so rash... Sometimes my curiosity makes me do and say foolish (ie. unnecessary) things. I pray that He will :)

Tizzi

any follow up about ROCiE?

Post by Tizzi »

Just wondering if there was any confirmation about his claims to be in ROCiE now?

tizz

尼古拉前执事
Archon
Faith: Eastern Orthodox
Jurisdiction: Non-Phylitist

Post by 尼古拉前执事 »

I asked some ROCiE clergy and according to them he is not in ROCiE. They said to check their website for updates if he were to petition of be accepted.