Hieromonk Elia Rejected by the ROAC, Officially

News about traditional Orthodox monastics and how these monks and nuns are living out their vocations in monasteries and convents. All Forum Rules apply. No polemics. No heated discussions. No name-calling.

Moderator: Mark Templet

JAMESthePERSIAN
Jr Member

Post by JAMESthePERSIAN »

What is the Latest News concerning Father Elia? Is he a Canonical Priest or No? Are his Claims about his past legitimate? Has anyone from this board responded to him in Christian Love?

All Saints of America Orthodox Mission, Located in Dequeen Arkansas. The Mission strives to provide a welcoming community, in a quiet country setting, where individual members can work out their salvation and serve as a witness to the Orthodox Faith.
http://www.allsaintsofamerica.com/

spiridon

Post by spiridon »

Of Course he is a Canonical Priest, he has never been defrocked or otherwise asked to resign or retire..he is an old man these days hitting close to 80, he was a member of the rocor for many years and knew the great Metropolitan Philaret of blessed memory of the Rocor very well, and was ordained during Metropolitan Anastassy Gribanovsky of Blessed memory, he also is probally one of the only persons on earth using Chrism from Metropolitan Anastassy to this day...He will not step foot in any other church on earth anymore and true many Bishops find him too out spoken , for he has seen with his own eyes the Racism that even the Orthodox church pulls out from underneath the carpet time and time again...he was born and raised in Palestine and has done time in the Palestinian Cave monastery connected to the Holy Prophets Elias and Moses..he serves without shoes, again related to The Old testament Burning bush scripture...he was given a special decree for his monastery in USA, directly and in-directly related to the Holy land monastery by the then bishop of that time and area, a decree of being the lone monastery in far away land... he is clairvoyant in many ways and very strict, he tells you exactly how it is and doesnt beat around the bush...he serves several palestinian families in his area, and has many people stumbling in from time to time, many people will go on mspreading rumors of Christ`s followers, and i will not be one of them...
I have never met him and really dont know if its safe to go alone, but I will say this...IT ISNT SAFE TO GO TO ANY MONASTERY THESE DAYS, YET ALONE!
if he reads this he will know who wrote it, and i beg your forgiveness Fr.ELIA I didnt bare false witness-I told the truth ,the truth you told me,remember... Rocie too has rejected him in there jurisdiction, But not because of Heresy or Schism, but because they know he is out Spoken and very well read and schooled in many different subjects of Church history and law from not only Orthodox christianity but also the Armenian Church,Coptic,Abbysinians,Latin Church and many of the Orthodox Church we know and in various languages aswell.....
again i dont represent or even confirm it safe to visit any place on earth,But he is a world of knowledge that will never be found Here in AMERICA again...he just might be the last of the mojicans with Father Elias Wen in San Francisco who is well passed 110 years old now...

spiridon

Post by spiridon »

Fr.Elia is totally against World Orthodox...
But im sure he would rather most of us fall into world orthodox then Hinduism,buddhism, atleast you still seve Christ as saviour and he will have Mercy on you if you honestly believe in world Orthdox...

IXOYE

Post by IXOYE »

"IT ISNT SAFE TO GO TO ANY MONASTERY THESE DAYS, YET ALONE!"

Can you please tell us exactly what you mean by this? Thanks!

spiridon

Post by spiridon »

what i meant wasnt to detere anyone from going to a monastery , or even accusing any monastery , but if you look around there have been many accusations and one really doesnt know what to expect..but as Christ directed "where two are gathered there I am in there Midst" it is better to take a good friend or relative if visiting a new and not familiar monastery or convent , and let family and friends know where you are headed...the worst that could happen is ,both of you can sign yourselves in the car on your way back home and thank each other for coming along... and the best that can happen is both of you can again thank each other for coming along and having a great spiritual experience at that monastery of convent...

JAMESthePERSIAN
Jr Member

Post by JAMESthePERSIAN »

THANKS FOR THE INFO........ I would love to pay a visit to Fr. Elia some time......

All Saints of America Orthodox Mission, Located in Dequeen Arkansas. The Mission strives to provide a welcoming community, in a quiet country setting, where individual members can work out their salvation and serve as a witness to the Orthodox Faith.
http://www.allsaintsofamerica.com/

Sean
Faith: Old Calendar Greek Orthodox
Jurisdiction: HOTCA

Post by Sean »

I love Fr. Elias! You know, most of the non-commemorator Zealot monks on Mt. Athos are hermits and cave-dwellers. In fact, most of the hermits and cave-dwellers on Mt. Athos are Zealots (which make up 50% of the monastic population of the Holy Mountain, I might add). Because of their isolated life, they simply commemorate "all right-believing Orthodox bishops." Apparently, this is how it has always been, from the beginning of the Old Calendarist movement. I think it is very appropriate to see Fr. Elias in the same light.

This situation is totally different than some squirrelly little home-grown scenario where someone is playing church in their living room and calling themselves Orthodox.