FreeMasons and Orthodoxy

Patristic theology, and traditional teachings of Orthodoxy from the Church fathers of apostolic times to the present. All forum Rules apply. No polemics. No heated discussions. No name-calling.
jdigrande
Faith: Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction: RTOC

Re: FreeMasons and Orthodoxy

Post by jdigrande »

Can anyone know where to find the 1902 the full public document of the Mason Joachim III on Ecumenism in English?

Orthodox in Michigan
Jurisdiction: GOC Archbishop Pachomios

Post by Orthodox in Michigan »

jdigrande wrote:

Can anyone know where to find the 1902 the full public document of the Mason Joachim III on Ecumenism in English?

Yes that would be interesting to read more about free masons in the Greek church before bishop
Matthew left from the calendar change , I had bought a book once called” struggle against ecumenism”, it is a lot to absorb . Also I wondered how much harm could a consecrating priest or bishop who is a active “ luciferian/ mason harm working from within a church , could the mysteries preformed by him be negated?

jdigrande

Post by jdigrande »

My view is that they are negated if a bishop proclaims his masonry in public. I am not sure about the situation if a bishop is a secret Mason. Christ spoke of the wheat and the chaff growing together in one of the parables.

Meletius Metaxis was a public mason so his Council of 1924 was null and void and not just uncanonical. Public Masons cannot rule the church and the sacraments are void just like those of the KGB. "Met" Nikodim of the Soviet Church was both a member of the KGB and a practicing Latin and ecumenist.

jdigrande

Post by jdigrande »

I found the 1902 statement from the Mason Joachim III on NFTU along with the response by the Russian Church to it in 1903.

Maria
Archon
Faith: True Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction: GOC

Post by Maria »

jdigrande wrote:

I found the 1902 statement from the Mason Joachim III on NFTU along with the response by the Russian Church to it in 1903.

Thanks. Can you provide us with the link? Just copy and paste the website address from the top bar.

Lord Jesus Christ, have mercy on me a sinner.

Orthodox in Michigan

jdigrande wrote:

My view is that they are negated if a bishop proclaims his masonry in public. I am not sure about the situation if a bishop is a secret Mason. Christ spoke of the wheat and the chaff growing together in one of the parables.

Meletius Metaxis was a public mason so his Council of 1924 was null and void and not just uncanonical. Public Masons cannot rule the church and the sacraments are void just like those of the KGB. "Met" Nikodim of the Soviet Church was both a member of the KGB and a practicing Latin and ecumenist.

So it seems to me the only power they have within the Church is to use their influence to sway the church mindset into a ecumenistic mindset , slander force out isolate true bishops but mainly work together in slow process of from within , it can also bring lots of doubt and confusion in the laity, especially those new to orthodoxy to have doubts about finding the true chuch. Or start churches that mimic a true church and all the while working together with other bishops in the middle “cyprianites” and far left of the spectrum, all the while saying true orthodox Christians are conspiracy theorist .

Orthodox in Michigan

it really sounds crazy , if I tried to explain it this way to my in laws or normal people who just go to church to the local corner church on any street in America.