Goodbye my friends!

Non-political secular news and anything else (within the boundaries of Christian morality and good taste) that is not on-topic in any other section. Any politically charged material must be posted in the private Political and Social Issues forum; please PM admin for access. All Forum Rules apply. No polemics. No heated discussions. No name-calling.

Is Tikon welcome on this board?

Poll ended at Sun 21 March 2004 7:24 pm

NO

No votes

YES

100%

Total votes: 12

Tikon

Goodbye my friends!

Post by Tikon »

Just a short note to tell everyone goodbye.
I was invited here, because I thought that being a strong, Conservative Orthodox Christian, I would be welcome here. Instead, It has caused a division, and that was NOT my purpose. It has cast dispersions on my honesty which is also regrettable. I take part of the blame, because of the fact I mentioned that I am a Deacon. This is true, and I will continue to defend that fact. I will also state that using an "alias" (I thought) was acceptable. Apparently it is not. Whichever the fact, I have to put Christ's Church first. I cannot cause a division, or to cause a member of my Church to stumble, because that is wrong. I also do not wish in anyway to insult or degrade, a wife of one of the finest Priests that I have had the fortune to know.

If I have offended anyone here, I sincerely apologize. Perhaps as a Deacon I am not entitled to my privacy. Whichever the case, I have not heard from the moderators, so I must assume that I am not welcome here, and will take my leave.

I wish you all the best.

Tikon.

I will continue to answer PM's for a few days, but will probably not be posting any further.

Natasha
Sr Member

Post by Natasha »

This is insane. I have never seen anything so trivial be blown so out of proportion. :roll:

Lucian

Post by Lucian »

I think you should stay but that you should clear the whole thing up via pm with the mods and the administrator.

Then everything will be above board and the air clear.

They are honorable and will not reveal what you reveal to them in private.

Last edited by Lucian on Thu 18 March 2004 12:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Грешник
Sr Member

Post by Грешник »

I would have to concur with Natasha on this point. I know that our admin is working a 40/hr a week job (because it is the same job that I have) and this causes him ot have less time that usual. It has been repeated many times on this board. Posting takes 5 seconds, replies can take a day or so. Patience is something I think we all need to work at.

Tikon, I refrain from saying anytihng on the topic of your status as a deacon because as you said there is no point. However, I do think that there is a loss that this board would incur were you to leave. I only ask that you evaluate wether your leaving would have a positive effect on this board. I personally think it would not be a good thing for you to leave, but the decision is yours alone to make.

Juvenaly

Valentina
Jr Member

Post by Valentina »

I don't think that anyone should leave even if there was some miscommunication. It seems as though it is cleared up and hope that you will stay. I also hope that Matushka Anne will decide to stay and post.

On this board, we do tend to have many disagreements and such but I have found this site of much use and feel closer to more Orthodox people. I barely know anyone outside my relatives who are Orthodox and I feel more closer and more in contact in some ways to know that there are others out in the world, struggling with the same Faith.

In short, I hope that you don't feel driven away and hope that both of you will return shortly.

God Bless You Both,

Valentina

Joseph D

Post by Joseph D »

I think Tikhon ought to apologize for having impersonated clergy. Not an explanation like "sorry, I thought it wouldn't matter." I mean he owes us an admission of guilt for what is no trivial "miscommunication." (He probably owes the Lardas family a personal call too.) What is friendship if we cannot hold one another accountable? This is not exactly a cocktail party here. This discussion group exists for the expedition of each to his own personal salvation, meaning yours, mine, and Tikhon's. This "play of the victim" that we are watching is a little melodramatic though, I agree with Natasha. He is not Deacon Tikhon but he says he is, he says he is not Tikhon but a mason-defending Deacon, he is certainly a Deacon but will not give his name, carries a level of authority and will not participate... I don't know what to make of it.

Sincerely:
Joseph

Tikon

Impersonation?

Post by Tikon »

Joseph D wrote:

I think Tikhon ought to apologize for having impersonated clergy. Not an explanation like "sorry, I thought it wouldn't matter." I mean he owes us an admission of guilt for what is no trivial "miscommunication." (He probably owes the Lardas family a personal call too.) What is friendship if we cannot hold one another accountable? This is not exactly a cocktail party here. This discussion group exists for the expedition of each to his own personal salvation, meaning yours, mine, and Tikhon's. This "play of the victim" that we are watching is a little melodramatic though, I agree with Natasha. He is not Deacon Tikhon but he says he is, he says he is not Tikhon but a mason-defending Deacon, he is certainly a Deacon but will not give his name, carries a level of authority and will not participate... I don't know what to make of it.

Sincerely:
Joseph

I didn't IMPERSONATE anyone. I said very clearly that I am a Deacon. What I said was that "Tikon" is an alias. I owe no one an apology.
I also am NOT a MASON..nor will I ever be.

I suggest you READ my first post.