Goodbye my friends!

Non-political secular news and anything else (within the boundaries of Christian morality and good taste) that is not on-topic in any other section. Any politically charged material must be posted in the private Political and Social Issues forum; please PM admin for access. All Forum Rules apply. No polemics. No heated discussions. No name-calling.

Is Tikon welcome on this board?

Poll ended at Sun 21 March 2004 7:24 pm

NO

No votes

YES

100%

Total votes: 12

Justin Kissel

Post by Justin Kissel »

Speaking as a moderator, I voted yes, you are welcome here; everyone else has voted the same thus far. :) The only thing being blown out of proportion is the supposed handling of the situation by the moderators; the situation calmed down days ago, and yet some people are still rolling their eyes in perplexity (and disgust?) :) I left the final decision on the issue to Nicholas because, well, he's the one that handles the final decisions. I'm sorry if my not saying more has caused any harm. In a few moments, I will be posting on the Tikon thread something I wrote last night at home, for whatever it's worth.

Mary Kissel

Post by Mary Kissel »

I voted yes as well, I agree with what my husband, Justin Kissel has said in reply to you, Tikhon

In Christ,
Mary

Justin Kissel

Post by Justin Kissel »

I might also add that it's probably a very difficult situation for Nicholas. Probably anything he does or says is going to bring in violent (verbal) attacks from someone; he's in a no win situation.

I remember reading in the biography of Fr. Seraphim Rose that he got a letter one time that was going to be almost impossible to answer without doing more harm than good, and when Fr. Herman asked him if he was going to respond to the person, Fr. Seraphim said "No. What could I say?" Perhaps Nicholas feels the same way.

Joseph D

Re: Impersonation?

Post by Joseph D »

Tikon wrote:

I didn't IMPERSONATE anyone. I said very clearly that I am a Deacon. What I said was that "Tikon" is an alias. I owe no one an apology.
I also am NOT a MASON..nor will I ever be.

I suggest you READ my first post.

Calm down. I forgive you, brother. Forgive my skepticism. And now we're friends again. Okay? Just nevermind what I wrote above. I am nothing close to clergy nor have I any pretentions to be so, myself, which might explain why I am not all hot to have you thrown out. You put yourself out and well... As Aquinas says, "man is measuring measure," and you got measured. It happens to me all the time, but, being from the sticks, I got used to it young. Now, if you tell me you're from Mexico's northern most provence, that is, Texas, I would be inclined to think you would know how to just look past such small town antics as these.

Sincerely:
Joseph

(Now see there, I passed over all kinds of good jibe, and all just to coddle you. :roll: )