Orthodox New Testament

Reading from the Old Testament, Holy Gospels, Acts, Epistles and Revelation, our priests' and bishops' sermons, and commentary by the Church Fathers. All Forum Rules apply.
尼古拉前执事
Archon
Faith: Eastern Orthodox
Jurisdiction: Non-Phylitist

Post by 尼古拉前执事 »

You are welcome. I am glad to be able to promote such a wonderful Bible and to lead people to spiritually profitable books on the portal here at http://EuphrosynosCafe.com

Julianna

The ONT is the BEST!

Post by Julianna »

It's different having 2 volumes you've gotta order but that makes it easier for Reader's Services too.

尼古拉前执事
Archon
Faith: Eastern Orthodox
Jurisdiction: Non-Phylitist

Amen!

Post by 尼古拉前执事 »

Amen! Having the Service Books, Evangelion (Gospel Lectionary) and Apostolos (Epistle Lectionary), make the Reader's Service even easier though. :-D

Monk George

The Orthodox New Testament Research Program

Post by Monk George »

The Orthodox New Testament Research Program

Dormition Skete and Holy Apostles Convent are pleased to announce the introduction of the Orthodox New Testament Research Program.

As soon as we released the first edition of The Orthodox New Testament in hardcover form, people began asking us, "When are you going to have it available on CD?"

Well, after three and a half years of work, the Orthodox New Testament Research Program is now available for sale. It was designed to be very intuitive and user-friendly, yet extraordinarily powerful and rich in features.

· Search Scriptures and Commentaries using a very powerful but easy to use search engine.

· Quickly locate Scriptures by their Reference.

· Study using an Outline of the Holy Scriptures.

· View the Parallel Gospels side by side.

· Concordance linked to Scriptures.

· Includes commentary from the Holy Fathers.

· Includes over 365 icons, most in full color.

· Save Groups of Scripture Records for research.

· Includes a highly advanced Report Builder.

· Latest updates to text installed via internet.

· And much, much more...

For details and screen shots of the program, please see http://www.buenavistaco.com/GOC/DSSOFTW ... sement.htm

Ordering Information

We are happy to offer this wonderful new software for the low price of $120 for use on a single computer*. Additional licenses (without media) for use on other computers in the same household or organization may be purchased for only $10 each.

To order, please call us at (719) 395-8898, or email us at Apostles@amigo.net or DormitionSkete@starband.net.

*Plus $5.50 for shipping and handling via Priority Mail (Domestic).

"Obedience is Life and the Opposite is also True."

OrthodoxyOrDeath

Post by OrthodoxyOrDeath »

Father Geroge,

This looks wonderful. I don't suppose there will be a demo version? I use some software for research that utilizes the KJV, this would be better, but for the price, I would like to see for myself before buying...

Monk George

Demo version.

Post by Monk George »

I'm sorry, but it is not possible for us to put a demo version on the net.

For an Orthodox Christian, this is probably the best software you could ever get in many respects -- to learn the Faith, to learn the Scriptures, to study the Commentaries of the Holy Fathers, to view icons that you never even imagined existed, etc., etc.

You may return it within ten days for a full refund if you don't like it, but we feel that once you get it, you won't want to lose it. /\

"Obedience is Life and the Opposite is also True."

gphadraig

ORTHODOX NEW TESTAMENT

Post by gphadraig »

Dormition Convent have published a two volume Orthodox New Testament @ some $ 37 per volume.

I am interested in securing copies but Amazon over here only have a second hand copy priced at twice the price in £sterling. Does anyone know of an Irish or UK supplier able to supply these, and at what price in either €s or £s sterling?

Apparently these volumes, Vol 1 the Gospels and Vol 2 the remaining books, are beautiful presented with extensive footnotes.

If not then it will be a case of importing them direct. Again anyone any experience of doing this with the convent? They seem very approachable and helpful.