Holy Goalie!

Non-political secular news and anything else (within the boundaries of Christian morality and good taste) that is not on-topic in any other section. Any politically charged material must be posted in the private Political and Social Issues forum; please PM admin for access. All Forum Rules apply. No polemics. No heated discussions. No name-calling.
Justin2

Holy Goalie!

Post by Justin2 »

How about that Euro Cup! Unfortunately, Russia is bowing out now, since they didn't work out very well against Portugal today, but Greece is dark-horsing their way through the first round of matches! They beat Portugal already, and then came in with a buffering tie with Spain, putting the two at the top of the list. Anyway, I don't know if too many of you care about football (soccer) but I thought I'd let everyone know that Hellas is doing great!

Justin Kissel

Post by Justin Kissel »

Back when I had cable, I enjoyed watching soccer. The only problem was staying up till 4am or whatever to watch it! :)

Nektarios14

Post by Nektarios14 »

I've never gotten soccer, I guess I'm too much of an America - baseball is the only sport in my book.

Justin2

Post by Justin2 »

I get picked on at school for liking it. A lot of my buddies don't get soccer either, but they get baseball and football and basketball. My theory is that everyone in our country is addicted to instant gratification, and since soccer is a slow-to-score game with victories usually only by a point or two, nobody here likes it. That and the fact that our team isn't the greatest, but I think that has more to do with low public interest.

TomS
Protoposter

Post by TomS »

Justin wrote:

... and since soccer is a slow-to-score game with victories usually only by a point or two, nobody here likes it.

No Justine. It's because socccer is stupid. :lol:

----------------------------------------------------
They say that I am bad news. They say "Stay Away."

Justin2

Post by Justin2 »

Nothing says smart like hitting a ball with a stick and running around in a circle, though :wink:

TomS
Protoposter

Post by TomS »

Justin wrote:

Nothing says smart like hitting a ball with a stick and running around in a circle, though :wink:

I agree with that too. Baseball is just as boring to me.

Truthfully - I don't watch any sports. I get bored being a spectator.

----------------------------------------------------
They say that I am bad news. They say "Stay Away."