The Rebels and the Yankees

Non-political secular news and anything else (within the boundaries of Christian morality and good taste) that is not on-topic in any other section. Any politically charged material must be posted in the private Political and Social Issues forum; please PM admin for access. All Forum Rules apply. No polemics. No heated discussions. No name-calling.
Joe Zollars

Post by Joe Zollars »

Sorry for diverting the topic.

You know if St. Basils were to move back south, I might be able to round up a few donations for the movin' truck and I know where you can get some cheap acreage.

Joe Zollars

Nektarios14

Post by Nektarios14 »

Don't make me give you a History lesson young man. I know you are having trouble in that particular area, but apparently you are having trouble with defining the word agression as well.

I do need the history lesson apparently - who fired the first shots on the union troops stationed at Fort Sumpter? Ergo, the war of Southern Agression. As to my troubles in history, well.... I do have college credit already for American history via the AP test, failing the high school course was an issue of a teacher hating my very existence. Happily December 16th, 2004 will be my last day ever in high school :)

Joe Z, I have never seen anyone as obsessed about the north vs south as you, and I live in NC....

Yeah I think the issue was sort of resolved and a non issue for about 140 years.... but then there is always that shining example of the true southern spirit, the Ku Klux Klan for people in la la land to join.

Apparently! But c'mon they can't spare ANY?

Russia (and most of Eastern Europe for that matter) really don't have much to spare, and because of inflation and whatnot a large offering from ROAC in Russia parishoners would probably not be that much in American dollars. At least that is how it works out with sending money to relatives in Poland, and I think the situation is similar.

But even if no money can be offered at least we can offer prayer.

Joe Zollars

Post by Joe Zollars »

Nektarios,

I will not respond to your other comments via this forum but I must respond to one point in particular which quite frankly is nothing but defamation of character to me and several hundred thousand other individuals.

The Klan does not represent the spirit of the Southern Movement. It did once upon a time, but no longer does. Notice that during the 20's and onward the Klan was not centered out of the south but rather Indiana and Kansas etc. It only recently returned to the south and is centered in a town that at my last checking contained not one SCV (Sons of Confederate Veterans for those not in the know) member and for that matter not one person eligible to join.

Speaking of the SCV I would like to point out that there are numerous black* members who regularly attend as well as not a few Indiginous Americans. The same with the LoS (League of the South) meetings I attend. Is this just a local phenomenon? no. You will be hard pressed to find more than a handful of camps and chapters that do not contain these individuals and are just as proud of their noble Confederate ancestors as I am of mine and their struggle to maintain personal liberty.

I would also like to point to the example of one Mr. H. K. Edgerton who used to be the president of the North Carolina ACLU, a truly racist organization, who has 4 times now marched across Dixie from Texas to VA carrying the Third National Flag of the Confederacy. He has delivered more than a few speeches on why the Black people woudl be better off had the Confederacy won and why the Southland should be free once more. He is among the kindist nicest men I know, oh and BTW he is black.

Yes the Klan and other similar groups have co-opted our historical confederate symbols, primarily the Naval Jack and Battle Flag of the Confederacy. They have also co-opted a traditional Hieland Scottish symbol (the fiery cross was used to rally the Clan for war) and a traditional Christian symbol as well. Should we now put these things in a dwayer and hide our heritage? Personally I am proud of my Hieland and Ulster-Scot ancestors and of my Christian religion and heritage. Quite frankly I do not wish to hide these symbols. Why then should the symbols of the Confederacy be any different?

So please stop the defamation of Character. Quite frankly it is extremely ignorant sounding and plainly prejudiced to say such things that have no more grounding in reality than the rebuilding of the Prussian Empire.

*I refuse to call them African Americans as this is a racist term. I am not Irish or German American but simply American. It should be no different with them.

Sincerely,
Joe Zollars

Joe Zollars

Post by Joe Zollars »

Natasha, what part of NC are you from? My people were from Ash and Alegheny counties and among the first to settle them in fact. But then a yankee colonel wanted our farm during "reconstruction."

I must admit that being raised in rural Arkansas, I didn't care much for my heritage and even neglected it. The town I lived in had a battle site and a large SCV camp. Yet I cared not and ignored my heritage and it was all but stolen from me. Upon moving up to Kansas, I was slapped across the face within hours of arriving by a woman who thought it horrid that I would dare to open the door for her. I laid in bed for three days from this and a few other incidents that led to a complete and utter culture shock. Now I care about my heritage, and I personally refuse to let even one more inch of it slip from my family. It is nearly too late for me, but hopefully my children and their children will know more of what their ancestors did and why it was so important.

Joe Zollars

Natasha
Sr Member

Post by Natasha »

Oh no, I am not "from" NC, I only live here.

I am a native New Yorker! :o

Padraig

Post by Padraig »

JoeZollars wrote:

actually Juvenaly the word Yankee defines a behaviour pattern nto necessarily a place of birth. there are plenty of Yankees who were born and raised in the South particularly down around Atlanta and Charleston.

Atlanta is a Yankee city, no argument there. But why cast aspersions on the Holy City?

Patrick

Schultz

Post by Schultz »

the word Yankee defines a behaviour pattern nto necessarily a place of birth

I know a number of Mexicans who would disagree and call you a Yanqui without any question. :)