Bible canon

Reading from the Old Testament, Holy Gospels, Acts, Epistles and Revelation, our priests' and bishops' sermons, and commentary by the Church Fathers. All Forum Rules apply.
Gideon

Post by Gideon »

It said that the first time I placed the order then mover to 6-7 weeks 8-9 weeks.....

Justin Kissel

Post by Justin Kissel »

Gideon

I was looking at the Oxford Bible but was worried about catholic/protestant notes that may mislead me. Can you tell how liberal in content it is? Are the books of the Bible in proper order? Would anyone suggest the RSV catholic edition?

I'm really unfamiliar with the Bible, and was making the suggestion based on the review of other Orthodox I've seen online (I usually use online texts for the Orthodox Apocrypha). I think you're going to run into some disagreements no matter what happens (some Orthodox even find Orthodox translations unsatisfying :) ). It's an expensive gamble to make, so maybe you could check it out at a library if you were seriously thinking about it?

Gideon

Post by Gideon »

I work in the Library, good suggestion. How done so with an older verison and it looks ok.

尼古拉前执事
Archon
Faith: Eastern Orthodox
Jurisdiction: Non-Phylitist

Patience is a virtue :D

Post by 尼古拉前执事 »

Hopefully the date stops moving at 9 weeks. I think you will find it worth the wait my friend. I do not recall which jurisdiction you are in, but HOTCA/GOC has approved it which says much about it.

Gideon

Re: Patience is a virtue :D

Post by Gideon »

Nicholas wrote:

Hopefully the date stops moving at 9 weeks. I think you will find it worth the wait my friend. I do not recall which jurisdiction you are in, but HOTCA/GOC has approved it which says much about it.

I m with the Greek Orthodox Archdiocese of Canada and it was their and on the Light n Life, that I ran into the about mentioned annotated bible.