Serbian Orthodox

DIscussion and News concerning Orthodox Churches in communion with those who have fallen into the heresies of Ecumenism, Renovationism, Sergianism, and Modernism, or those Traditional Orthodox Churches who are now involved with Name-Worshiping, or vagante jurisdictions. All Forum Rules apply. No polemics. No heated discussions. No name-calling.

Orthodox_Servant86

Post by Orthodox_Servant86 »

Heya there, Christ is risen!

All in all, I would not mind going again some time in the future, though all in all I greatly prefer my own Antiochian Church. Not to sound snobbish, but it just seems that the people are much nicer and the priest friendlier in the antiochian church. Of course, that is mere speculation, it might just be a language/cultural barrier, each parish is different, of course.

The pewlessness of the church was most interesting, though I wish I had worn more comfortable shoes :mrgreen: , but I was surprised that the liturgy was shorter than at the antiochian church. It was very nice to hear everything in slavic harmony once again (it has been quite a long time since I attended a Ukrainian catholic church)

In Christ,
-Justin

Justin Kissel

Post by Justin Kissel »

I agree, the Antiochians have a very welcoming feel to them. (They're a little too welcoming, but that's another thread! ;) ) If I were to choose a jurisdiction based solely on personal opinion/comfort/wants, apart from theology or concerns regarding praxis, I would be Antiochian.

But I'm ROCOR. :mrgreen:

Logos

Post by Logos »

Paradosis wrote:

I agree, the Antiochians have a very welcoming feel to them. (They're a little too welcoming, but that's another thread! ;) ) If I were to choose a jurisdiction based solely on personal opinion/comfort/wants, apart from theology or concerns regarding praxis, I would be Antiochian.

What do you mean?

尼古拉前执事
Archon
Faith: Eastern Orthodox
Jurisdiction: Non-Phylitist

Post by 尼古拉前执事 »

I think he means that the Armenians are very welcoming and usually have pews and sitting, in a relaxed atmosphere -- thus it is more comfortable although the Antiochian Church is not always correct in its ways. (i.e. communing non-Eastern Orthodox, not wearing a cassock, etc.)

Justin Kissel

Post by Justin Kissel »

Yes, Nicholas got it :) I was saying that if I only went on how "comfortable" and "friendly" a Church was, I'd be Antiochian. I even prefer the Antiochian music to Russian.

ducks incoming objects

I also prefer Carpatho-Russian plain chant to it...

ducks more objects

But again, I'm still ROCOR (because I'm not in Church for comfort or for pleasing my ears with the music I happen to find most beautiful)

Orthodox_Servant86

Post by Orthodox_Servant86 »

now now, do not think that I am Antiochian because it is more comfortable... just because I am young does not mean that I am lazy or something. I don't think this was implied in what you said, but just keeping this possiblity of thought away :mrgreen:

In Christ,
-Justin

尼古拉前执事
Archon
Faith: Eastern Orthodox
Jurisdiction: Non-Phylitist

95 PERCENT OF THE POPULATION OF SERBIA ARE BELIEVERS

Post by 尼古拉前执事 »

95 PERCENT OF THE POPULATION OF SERBIA ARE BELIEVERS
THE INFORMATION SERVICE OF THE SERBIAN ORTHODOX CHURCH Patriarchate, Belgrade - The ministry of religions of the Republic of Serbia has published the results of the 2002 census relating to the religious affiliation of citizens of Serbia.

According to this data 95 percent of the population of Serbia (not including Kosovo and Metohija) are believers, approximately 4.5 percent are undecided and only 0.5 percent are atheists.
According to the most recent census, there are 7,498,001 residents in central Serbia without Kosovo and Metohija, 7,123,611 of whom are believers, 334,322 did not give an answer or did not define their religious affiliation and 40,068 are atheists.

In Serbia Orthodox Christians comprise 85 percent of the population, or 6,371,548 people; there are 410,976 Catholics, or 5.5 percent of the population; 3.2 percent of the population or 239,658 are Muslims. Protestants comprise 1.1 percent (80,837 people) and Jews 0.01 percent (785 people) of the population of Serbia.