What book are you reading?

Chapter discussions and book or film reviews of Orthodox Christian and secular books that you have read and found helpful. All Forum Rules apply.

How would you rate your book?

10 (best book I've read)

33%

9-9 1/2

33%

No votes

33%

No votes

No votes

No votes

No votes

No votes

1(worst book I've ever read!)

No votes

Total votes: 6

Mary Kissel

What book are you reading?

Post by Mary Kissel »

Just wondering what book everyone is reading lately and if you'd reccomend it to anyone else on the forum. Maybe you can tell us alil about the book as well. Look forward to reading people's posts on here!

Last edited by Mary Kissel on Sun 25 May 2003 2:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mary Kissel

Post by Mary Kissel »

I'm currently reading Grand Duchess Elizabeth of Russia:New Martyr of the Communist Yoke by Lubov Millar. I am currently on Chapter 7. So far I like the book. It talks about her life and it even has various letters written by her to other people, most of them are written to her Grandma. I think others would like this book as well. I like the pictures of her and various places in Russia in the book too.
I would say on a scale from 1-10 (10 being the best) I'd say so far this book is at a 9 1/2.

MaryCecilia

Mary Kissel

Post by Mary Kissel »

Would you reccomend any of those books that you're reading to anyone, Paradosis? :)

MaryCecilia

Nektarios14

Post by Nektarios14 »

I'm currently reading the biography of Elder Joseph of the Holy Mountain. It is very very very good and I'd recomend it for all.

bogoliubtsy
Sr Member

Post by bogoliubtsy »

I'm reading "Father Arseny". Incredibly inspirational and well written first hand accounts of his life in the Gulag. Highly recommended.

Natasha
Sr Member

Books...

Post by Natasha »

I just got the book, "Evlogeite! A Pilgrim's Guide to Greece" by Mother Nectaria McLees. I got home from work a bit late last night so I only skimmed through it so far. It is 927 pages + of all the holy sites in Greece.

Has anyone else read it? My husband and I would like to take a trip to Greece sometime in the future and I thought that this could prepare me somewhat....

romiosini

Post by romiosini »

Lord Have Mercy!

Last edited by romiosini on Tue 16 August 2005 11:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.