INSIDE DORMITION SKETE - An Expose!

This forum is for polite discussions among the various True Orthodox Christians. Only confirmed members of TOC jurisdictions are permitted. However, TOC inquirers and catechumen may be admitted at the administrator's discretion. Private discussions should take place in DM's or via email. Formerly "Intra-TOC Private Discussions."

Nathaniel Kapner

INSIDE DORMITION SKETE - An Expose!

Post by Nathaniel Kapner »

A FORMER NOVICE REVEALS The Inner-Workings Of Abp Gregory's Dormtion Skete Monastery, Buena Vista, Colorado.

AUTHOR- Sub Deacon Nathaniel Kapner, a former member of Dormition Skete Monastery, with 2 years of first-hand knowledge of the Inner-Workings of the Skete. (1/2 year as a local Parishioner; 1& 1/2 years as a novice)

INSIDE DORMITION SKETE MONASTERY - AN EXPOSE!

I. THE MEMBERS OF DORMITION SKETE

A. GREGORY GEORGE
*Abbot and Archbishop
*Abp Gregory is 5'4," 130 lbs, and wears bifocals.
*Abp Gregory is 60 years old. He started the Skete in 1979 after fleeing from Holy Transfiguration Monastery in Boston without a blessing from his Abbot or Bishop.
(HTM has a letter on file from Abp Andrew of Spring Valley(ROCOR) who stated that he never gave Gregory a 'blessing' - I have a copy, and proof of the above, provided upon request.)

B. FATHER GEORGE MILLS
*Priest-monk/Archimandrite/Hegumen/Chancellor
*Fr George is 34 years old, 6' 6," 190 lbs.
*Fr George believes and indoctrinates all new novices that Abp Gregory has reached 'dispassion.'
*Fr George idolizes Abp Gregory and is totally committed to "absolute obedience" to him.
*Fr George "is not his own." Abp Gregory has total control over Fr George's mind.
*If Fr George was told by Abp Gregory to rob a bank, in my opinion, I believe he would do it.
*Abp Gregory is desperate to have Fr George ordained a bishop.
*I am of the opinion that in the likely event that NO 2nd bishop will agree to co-ordain Fr. George, then Abp Gregory will ordain Fr George by himself.

C. FATHER PETER WHEELER
*Priest monk
*Fr. Peter Wheeler is 44 years, 5'10. 155 lbs.

• Fr. Peter Wheeler is taciturn and introverted.
    *Fr. Peter Wheeler is an ex-Military Policeman and ex-Police Officer.
    *Fr. Peter Wheeler is the Official Computer-Programmer of Dormition Skete Monastery.
    *Fr. Peter Wheeler has already established 4 Web sites for Dormtion Skete and Abp Gregory's 'church.'
  • Fr. Peter Wheeler, in my opinion, has established for Abp Gregory, nothing more than a "virtual" church.

D. JOHN WATTS
*Novice
*John Watts is only 22 years old, but his memory of the Canons is noteworthy.
*John Watts has become the unofficial "Canonist in Residence."
*John Watts composes all the Treatises, Time-lines, and Critiques of OC Jurisdictions for the Web sites.
*Whenever Abp Gregory needs a Canon to either criticize an opponent or justify himself, he calls upon novice John Watts.

E. LAZARUS KEITHLEY
*Great Schema monk, now Fr David.
*Lazarus Keithley is 44 years old and a former Marine.
*Lazarus Keithley makes it known to all that he is "a Red-neck from the South."
*Lazarus Keithley is the official maintenance man.
*Lazarus Keithley initially came to the Skete on 1996.
*In 1999 Lazarus Keithley fled.
*Lazarus Keithley married a Russian woman in the Moscow Patriarchate Church, took Communion at the MP Wedding Ceremony, and got divorced 2 years later.
*Lazarus Keithley rejoined Dormition Skete in November of 2004, and received the Great-Schema Tonsure, while under Formal Ecclesiastical "accusations" in July of 2005.

F. MOTHER MARIAM LIZARDOS
*Abbess of Holy Apostles Convent, 1/16 of a mile below Dormition Skete.

• Mother Mariam Lizardos is author of Lives of the Saints, Orthodox New Testament
    *Mother Mariam Lizardos translated into Greek, all of Abp Gregory's accusations against the GOC/Kiousis Synod and Paul of Astoria, in Abp Gregory's rivalry with Paul of Astoria for bishopric of America. Abp Gregory was then Excommunicated from the GOC/Kiousis
    *Mother Mariam Lizardos translated into Greek all of Abp Gregory's accusations against the GOC/Kallinikos and Metropolitan Niphon, in Abp Gregory's rivalry against Metropolitan Niphon for bishopric of America. Abp Gregory was then Deposed from the GOC/Kallinikos.
    *Mother Mariam Lizardos is convinced that Abp Gregory, in his bishopric, is the only true church left on earth.
    *Mother Mariam Lizardos idolizes Abp Gregory.
    Mother Mariam Lizardos , though she is an independent Abbess. is committed to "absolute obedience" to Abp Gregory.

II. THE LIFE AT DORMITION SKETE

7:00 AM - Divine Liturgy

9:00 AM - Breakfast

9:45 AM - Obediences: Computer Programming; Icon-mounting; Propagandizing; Ditch-digging; Shopping; Frescoes; Lunch-Preparing (I was the cook)

1:00 PM - Lunch

2:00 PM - Obediences: (Same as above except for Dinner-Preparation)

2:15 PM - Mother Mariam picks up Abp Gregory for their daily run to the Post Office and other errands.

4:00 PM - Nap-time

6:00 PM - Vespers

7:00 PM - Dinner

8:00 PM - Prayer-Role. Nobody is praying:
a) - Fr. George is at his Computer taking dictation from Abp Gregory.
b).- Fr. Peter is at his Computer configuring Computer Programs for Abp Gregory's "virtual" church.
c) - John Watts is at his Computer working on a Treatise for the Web sites.
d) - Lazarus Keithley is reading a Military History book.
e) - Nathaniel Kapner - I took my nap and woke up at 12:00 Midnight for a regular night-vigil of prayer and Spiritual reading.

12:30 AM - Abp Gregory makes his regular mid-night visits to Mother Mariam at "Holy Apostles Convent" 1/16th of a mile below on the property, to do maintenance work for her.

1:00 AM - Computers are turned off. All go to sleep.

I, Sub Deacon Nathaniel Kapner, (Milton L Kapner) attest that all of the above is factual and true, and take full responsibility for all the above assertions.

For Christ And His Holy Orthodox Church,

Sub Deacon Nathaniel Kapner
Leadville CO 80461

Nathaniel Kapner

Post by Nathaniel Kapner »

September 21, 2005

Dear Mother Mariam,

Sbn Jerjis told me that you called him tonite to express your concern that I have alluded to an illicit relationship between you and Abp Gregory by stating, "12:30AM - Abp Gregory makes his regular midnite visits to Mother Mariam's convent to do maintenance work."

If this is not true Mother Mariam, for everybody at the Skete knew about this activity, not to mention the entire OC Jurisdiction world who informed me weeks ago something I already knew, then tell me what IS IT that Abp Gregory is doing at your convent in 'the mid night hour', that does NOT allude to an illicit relationship?

For how any one can construe that "to do maintenance work," can be something illicit, is to say that changing a light bulb is immoral.

Shakespeare has his Macbeth exclaim, "I believe that you protest too loudly, my dear." Well, I know, Mother Mariam, that you prefer the Lives of the Saints to 'the bard,' but one would think that by this time, you could easily recognize a saint from a reprobate in your own maintenance-man.

(ROAC/V) Sub Deacon Nathaniel

Ebor

Post by Ebor »

Brother Nathaniel wrote:

September 21, 2005
Shakespeare has his Macbeth exclaim, "I believe that you protest too loudly, my dear."

ummm, Would that be "Methinks the lady doth protest too muc" from "Hamlet"?

:? But then "the Play's the thing/with which we'll catch the conscious of the King"....

Ebor

CGW

Post by CGW »

Brother Nathaniel wrote:

Sbn Jerjis told me that you called him tonite to express your concern that I have alluded to an illicit relationship between you and Abp Gregory by stating, "12:30AM - Abp Gregory makes his regular midnite visits to Mother Mariam's convent to do maintenance work."

Actually, I would have said "insinuated". In the context of your elongated denuciad, innocence of purpose on your part is hardly plausible.

famulus

When will this end?

Post by famulus »

I am sorry for intervening but isn't all this information irrelevant - how tall is the Hegumen or that some brother weighs 5 stone? It seems brother Nathaniel is challenging not only Abp Gregory but our sense of reason too.

soldier
Jurisdiction: ROAC

Re: INSIDE DORMITION SKETE - An Expose!

Post by soldier »

Hi, this is my first post.

Nathaniel, Bishop John is 6 feet 8 tall. And I think Archbishop Gregory is taller than what you said.

I don't see the point (gossip) of your thread. Just because one of the monks read a book on the military once, does not mean that is the normal practice. Why don't you mention all the spiritual books he reads?

jgress
Jurisdiction: GOC/HOTCA

Re: INSIDE DORMITION SKETE - An Expose!

Post by jgress »

soldier, welcome to ECafe! But did you not notice that this thread is almost eight years old? Some of the posters aren't even members anymore. There are plenty of more recent threads where you can respond and introduce yourself. :)