Toll houses

Patristic theology, and traditional teachings of Orthodoxy from the Church fathers of apostolic times to the present. All forum Rules apply. No polemics. No heated discussions. No name-calling.
Incognito1583

Post by Incognito1583 »

If I understand Joasia correctly, she is making the argument that if I am going to accept the Evergetinos teaching on obedience, I have to also accept where the Evergetinos allegedly talks about toll houses. But it goes both ways. If Joasia is going to accept the Evergetinos' teaching on toll houses, she must also accept the Evergetinos' teaching on obedience. Saint Gregory Palamas' Monastery translated the Evergetinos into English and they publish it. Obviously they agree with it's teaching on obedience.

Incognito1583

Post by Incognito1583 »

But I'm not sure the Evergetinos specifically mentions toll houses. It might mention demonic attacks in general as the soul ascends to heaven. I would have to double check it.

joasia
Protoposter
Jurisdiction: RTOC

Post by joasia »

Inco wrote:

But I'm not sure the Evergetinos specifically mentions toll houses. It might mention demonic attacks in general as the soul ascends to heaven. I would have to double check it.

As I mentioned before, the imagery is for our feeble minds. But, the battle is the reality. It's a battle for our souls. You're view that the battle is over when we die is incorrect. Everybody here has pointed that out much better than I.

Create in me a clean heart, O God, and renew a right spirit within me. (Ps. 50)

Incognito1583

Post by Incognito1583 »

There is no battle for our souls after we die. That's a Gnostic lie. Please, try to free your mind from the lies and control of the devil. His power does not extend beyond the grave. Read the books I've mentioned elsewhere.

joasia
Protoposter
Jurisdiction: RTOC

Post by joasia »

That's a Gnostic lie.

Then you're labelling the Orthodox saints as Gnostics.

Create in me a clean heart, O God, and renew a right spirit within me. (Ps. 50)