An anouncement on Subdeacon Nathaniel/Brother Milton Kapner

Non-political secular news and anything else (within the boundaries of Christian morality and good taste) that is not on-topic in any other section. Any politically charged material must be posted in the private Political and Social Issues forum; please PM admin for access. All Forum Rules apply. No polemics. No heated discussions. No name-calling.
尼古拉前执事
Archon
Faith: Eastern Orthodox
Jurisdiction: Non-Phylitist

An anouncement on Subdeacon Nathaniel/Brother Milton Kapner

Post by 尼古拉前执事 »

After seeing what he has been up to the last week or so, he has been banned permanently. I am really sorry that it had to come to this, but he had been given more warnings and temporary bannings than most get before this step. Since it appears that he violated the rules of this forum repeatedly after being warned time and time again, I want to ask forgiveness for allowing him to scandalize and make slanderous and personal attacks against forum members - which is strictly against the rules of the Euphrosynos Cafe.

With that, I go back offline. Please contact Father Siluan and Ioannis with any moderation needs.

JAMESthePERSIAN
Jr Member

Post by JAMESthePERSIAN »

Thank you.....
As a Newcomer to Orthodoxy and Euphosynos cafe, I was really turned off by his posts. This is Not a Jewish Forum, Rather it is a traditional Orthodox Christian Forum.
May God be merciful to me- a sinner!!
-James

StephenG
Jr Member
Faith: Orthodox
Jurisdiction: Noncurrently

Post by StephenG »

The news is sad if not at all surprising, unfortunately.

The forum is not, and I for one am not aware of anyone, including Nathaniel, trying to make it a Jewish one.

A wanderer, trying to discern truth from falsehood

Ekaterina
Protoposter

Post by Ekaterina »

This is not in defense of Bro Nathaniel.....but a misinformation must be corrected when we can.....

Bro Natnaniel is an Orthodox monk who is currently "homeless". He is a convert from Judiasm. Let us not perpetuate the old falacy of "Once a Jew always a Jew." This is a falsehood and unworthy of an Orthodox Christian. We are supposed to transcend all ehnic prejudices when we become Orthodox or at the very least strive to.

That said, Bro Nathaniel is in need of our prayers. He is in need of professional help. His Blog IS truly disgraceful!, all the more reason he needs our prayers. I firmly believe in the power of prayer....I have seen it work, but in GOD's time and not ours. Our job is to pray for him. The more attention he gets the more he will continue in his madness, ignore his site, but pray for him anyway.

Katya

Priest Siluan
Faith: Russian Orthodox
Jurisdiction: RTOC

Post by Priest Siluan »

Katya, I agree totally with what you have written on your post.

sue57

Post by sue57 »

Ekaterina,

Thank you for your post. Your words are so true.

You know, in this world, this country, at this time, we think "it's difficult to be a Christian because we are surrounded by sin." Or, we think "Christians are persecuted because Wal-Mart isn't saying 'merry Christmas." But the REAL test comes when you read something like Br. Nathaniel's blog. Reading it almost made me physically sick. But to see the church leaders reviled, vicious accusations made, thats what Christians face. The fact that someone who is mentally unbalanced is being used to spread this hate just shows the power of the Evil One. (I'm not talking about genuine disagreement, his blog is obviously not that.) Thanks for reminding us that prayer is the best defense against evil, that our "offense" does nothing, it's human nature, but it leads to more frustration. Prayer though, will heal us.

StephenG
Jr Member
Faith: Orthodox
Jurisdiction: Noncurrently

Post by StephenG »

Amen, to all of the above......

A wanderer, trying to discern truth from falsehood