Monk Matthew of North Dakota.

News about traditional Orthodox monastics and how these monks and nuns are living out their vocations in monasteries and convents. All Forum Rules apply. No polemics. No heated discussions. No name-calling.

Moderator: Mark Templet

Stavrophore Monk John

Monk Matthew of North Dakota.

Post by Stavrophore Monk John »

Dear Brethren: Glory to God. I want to thank all of you for all you have done for me. I am stabilizing. On Insulin and medicine now, and with diabetes one can lead to stroke, blindness and even amputations...so I have been going every other day back and forth to Minot, ND to doctors and poor Monk John, is totally exhausted.....we have trouble right now with our emails....I want to thank all who have helped us, but most of you want to remain anonymous....but you know who you are and God knows also and from my heart I say thank you for helping us.....me.

It is frustrating: we write to you Fr. Deacon NIkolai and we receive email from you saying you do not hear from us....but we must have someone come here and help us figure out whether this email is working or not, correctly. I know when I write you also the words do not come out correct to me, but I pray you all understand correctly what I desire to say.....they said I was having small strokes, ischemic.....but thank to YOU....your help to buy us food and help, my situation is balancing, correcting now....i walk 4O minutes per day now, and I am praying each and every hour for all on this list, you in Massachussetts, you know who you are, I am praying for your dear grandmother, so you don't worry, for I too suffering, and thank God for all he is permitting for me, to happen to me...how Gracious and awesome is this God, is this Christ God, to bring us closer to Himself and allow, permit things in our lives.....Right now, we have had to bounce checks in order to get my insulin and food, and other bills to be paid...so please, if you can help us a little while longer now until i can get employment, you can send western union right away to: Raymond Tryon secular name of Monk Fr. John....or send check to: Holy Nativity of the Theotokos Skete-Rural Route #1-Box 35A-Voltaire, ND 58792 Poor Fr. John is only now recuperating and he was down with a flu or sickness for last month...trying to take care of me also...but I pray you all understand way I write, what I am trying to convey, know we pray hourly for all of you, and email us: monks@srt.com or oldbelieverskete@yahoo.com and let us know if you sent us email....we will answer you back....all who did email us in past, we wrote you, we emailed back, but perhaps you didn't get it....we need help to see what is wrong with this email....
Fr. Deacon Nikolai: please email us your phone number, this way we can talk to you, we email many, many times, but something is wrong here with our computer. Thank You to all who have helped us...please continue to support us with your alms and prayers....I want to continue and try to start our website, and this is reason we need to talk to Fr. Deacon Nikolai of Colorado ..please send your phone dear Father Deacon and know we send our love, our deepest of gratitude to each and everyone of you, an please forgive my poor attempt , my thoughts, what I want to say I have, difficult to write it out...but pray for me, I beg you, and be grateful for all that happens in our lives, and may God Bless You all. We are praying for all of you.......To subdeacon Joseph: dear Brother, we shall get another email to you, we sent you another email back, did you get it?? Our love and bows to all on the list....Your Brethren, and unworthy monks: Monk Matthew....... Fr. John sends his love and deep gratitude. Please, we need financial help again for now...if only we can get Fr. Deacon Nikolai's phone number, we can speak to him personally to get our website up and start selling items. God Bless yOU. wE LOVE YOU IN THE PURE, HOLY, UNDEFILED LOVE OF OUR cHRIST gOD....THANK YOU BRETHEN AND SISTERS. YOUR UNWORTHY MONKS: Monk Matthew North Dakota

Stavrophore Monk John

P.S. from Stavrophore Monk Fr. Matthew and Fr. John

Dear Friends: "Lord Isus Christ, son of God have mercy on me, a sinner, Amin. " We are almost out of food, vegetables and fruits...In the past some of you bought us cards, gift cards, please we are desperate again: you can purchase gift card for food for us using your credit cards at:
Market Place Food and Drug. www.marketplacefoods.com This is in Minot, ND only 4O minutes from us. The other store is in Fargo, which is about 4 or more hours, so please, we truly need your help to buy food. You just type in the above email address: www.marketplacefoods.com and using your credit card, you can purchase us food gift cards for the above store and please have them send the cards to: Holy Nativity of the Theotokos Skete
Rural Route #1-Box 35A-Voltaire, ND 58792

I am starting to feel much better, and I thank you for helping us to stand on our own feet. I also heard from Fr. Nikolai of Colorado...please continue to pray and help us, we are very, very low on food. Know we are praying for each and everyone of you and we send our love in Christ God to you all. Thank You dear Brethren and sisters, and the address in Minot, ND for Marketplace foods is:
\ 1930 South Broadway
Minot , ND 701-839-7580
Even if some of you have not heard from us: know we are very, very grateful. It took long time for me to stabilize, my blood sugars, and had problems with legs, vision, a myriad of problems, but now thanks TO YOU TRUE CHRIST LIKE BRETHREN, I AM BETTER. Thank you. I cannot thank you enough for your love and concern. We will send through the mail information you requested Fr. Deacon NIkolai, instead of email as we aren't sure if it is working. Subdeacon Joseph: please let us know if the email we sent you last is working dear Brother.....
Your unworthy Brethren and Monks: Stavropore Monks Matthew and John and Brotherhood. oldbelieverskete@yahoo.com

Subdeacon Joseph

Post by Subdeacon Joseph »

Fathers Matthew and John,
The web page to Marketplace Food does not have a way to order gift cards. Or maybe I just cant find it. Perhaps there is a Super Walmart near you with a food section? Or maybe some other store?
I will continue to pray for you both during your struggle.

in Christ
sdc joseph

Ekaterina
Protoposter

Post by Ekaterina »

SbDcn John:

Try this store:
HORNBACHER'S GIFTCARD ONLINE
http://www.hornbachers.com

They will mail the gift card.

Katya

Stavrophore Monk John

Marketplace Foods for monks in nd

Dear Subdeacon Joseph and friends: Glory to God . I phoned Marketplace foods and was told anyone can call the store and ask for the " Customer Service Center" and then one can use credit card to purchase gift cards for us monks. It is best you use my secular name: Raymond Tryon because they may ask for I.D. and this is easiest...they will ask where you want to have the cards sent, or you may have to tell them you are purchasing for monks.....Please tell them you are purchasing for Monk Raymond Tryon
Holy Nativity of the Mother of God Skete (Monastery)

or: the store will send us via mail the gift cards via mail to us at:
Monk Raymond Tryon C/O Holy Nativity of the Mother of God Skete
P.O. Box 325-Karlsruhe, ND 58744-0325

If any of you feel it is too hard to call Minot, Nd mARKETPLACE FOODS, please, you can use Hornbachers instead...the problem for us is that Marketplace Foods is only 4O miles away from our skete, in country, and Hornbachers food store is in Fargo, ND which is about 4 and 1/2 hours a way, that wouled be about 9 hours driving and not counting shopping...this is why we asked for friends to call Minot, ND and you can use your credit card and they will send gift cards to our monastery address above....We thank you from the bottom of our hearts..so far, we have heard from no one, but we pray you continue to help us, as ill as Monk Matthew is, he will go to work at secular job if need be he said, the Lord our Christ God Bless You for giving us this hand up, until we can get on our feet. God Bless You. I assure you hourly we pray for you.....and all your needs. We send our love, our deepest respect and DEEPEST GRATITITUDE AND OUR BOWS TO ALL, TO THE MOST HOLY TRINITY WITHIN YOU. THANK YOU BRETHREN AND SISTERS. your unworthy monks and brothers....the Fathers of ND Stavrophore Monk John and Matthew and brotherhood. phone number of Marketplace Foods in Minot, ND: 1-701-839-7580 ask for the CUSTOMER SERVICE CENTER. THANK YOU. We are two months behind in our electric and phone, and heating oil...anyone who can help: please send a check to Holy Nativity of the Mother of God Skete
P.O. Box 325-Karlsruhe, ND 58792 or our rural route address above...we are desperate and pray our lights don't get turned off...This stress raised poor monk matthew's blood sugar and as you know, that destroys arteries to the eyes and internal organs....Monk Matthew says to me constantly: 'Be at Peace, Father...the Holy All Pure Mother of God, she will not let us down, all those that truly love holy Orthodoxy and the Mother of God, will not let us , poor monks down." Amin.

Stavrophore Monk John

Getting the website up soon

Dear in Christ: Brethren and Sisters. Glory to God. Our novice is setting up new e store, taking time: you can view it at the following:

http://www.orthodoxreference.com/shop you may have to type it in on yahoo or google. We still need your help until we can be operational on line on the new e store. We didn't get anyone purchase the food guest cards, we say this only in the event you did call Marketplace foods in Minot, they did not send them to us, and we still owe , past due on our electric, telephone for last two months...please send donation, we beg you, we are in dire need: to pay electric and phone, behind two months: they will shut off within 7 days..

Holy Nativity of the Theotokos Skete

Please send check to help us pay for the oil....we beg you to forgive us, many say we are an embarrasment: we are sorry, we apologize, for soon, we will be selling domain names, lestovkas, incense, old orthodox prayer books, calendars, and even a product named: Sibu, it is a fruit from polynesia, and contains omega 3, 6, and only fruit that contains these vital nutrients.....Please send check for our oil, to:

Farmers union oil company attention: Glen
P.O. Box 100-Velva, North Dakota 58790-0100

Please call and ask Glen what we owe...i think $572.OO If we pay this now, they will give us more oil. Please dear Brethren, know we are very grateful and soon our e store will we be open and we will not have to beg you...please pray for us and we ask you all to come to our aid, so we can stay open, so we don't have to go hungry or cold until we get the e store going...It will be soon. Please type in the following, please:

http://www. orthodoxreference.com/shop Thank You and know we are very, very grateful. Through the intercession of the holy theotokos, Fr. Matthew was totally healed of high blood pressure, he was so ill, he went to his doctor and was told, you are ill as your blood pressure was following below 8O/6O , they said near coding, (dying) because he no longer needed the blood pressure pills....that is a miracle and we thank you for your prayers. Glory be to God. Please, do not abandon us in this our hour, soon with the e store up, we can be self sufficient...May the Lord, His all Pure Mother and all our God Bearing and Light Illuminating Saints grace you all. Thank you. Please pray for souls, especially a stroke victim friend of ours that she may recover soon...we are in prayer , hourly for each of you. With the love of Christ our God and all Saints, St. Avvakum, and all God Bearing Saints,

Holy Nativity of the Mother of God (Theotokos) Skete
North Dakota usa oldbelieverskete@yahoo.com

Stavrophore Monk John

P.S. regarding new e store in process

Dear in Christ: Glory to God. "Lord Isus Christ, son of God, have mercy on me, a sinner, Amin." When you access the new e store: at
http://www.orthodoxreference.com/shop you may see a sign that says "forbidden to enter/shop/ I am not computer literate as I say, so I think this means the site is being worked on....I just heard from our Brother, the new novice, and he said he is presently uploading some photos and still building the site, adding product photos to the site....thank you. Please, we need your help greatly now until we can get this e store up and running....God Bless you. unworthy monks and sinners. Stavrophore Monks John and Matthew and Brotherhood
Holy Nativity of the Theotokos Skete-ND