Monk Matthew of North Dakota.

News about traditional Orthodox monastics and how these monks and nuns are living out their vocations in monasteries and convents. All Forum Rules apply. No polemics. No heated discussions. No name-calling.

Moderator: Mark Templet

Грешник
Sr Member

Post by Грешник »

The store that is referenced in the last post is only a test store and soon will be moved to the real site server, hopefully this coming week or the next at the latest. The design is all completed (finally, after a server crash on my part), and products will begin to be added tomorrow. As soon as I finish the coding of the payment gateway the store will be added to the website ( http://www.oldbelieverskete.com) and we can begin taking orders.

The test store is at the following link, my spologies as the last store had to be completely removed and redesignd after a coding slip up on my part and again I apologize for the delay as I had hoped to have everything completed by the end of this week and it does not sem likely (although it is possible).

The Holy Nativity of the Theotokos Skete Online Store

Stavrophore Monk John

Please continue to pray for us

Post by Stavrophore Monk John »

Dear in Christ: Glory to God. Brother Juvenaly just wrote us email and we have told him to upload some pictures of the skete here in north dakota, we also show church in oregon we were tonsured as monks, and some pictures of our land and buildings and the recent trapeza which we had in past spent much money on....Brother Juvenaly felt if we had photos of the skete, some on the list would then start to believe we truly do have land and buildings in North Dakota....I told him, we were not worried about what those folks thought, since we never received a dime from them, and so called orthodox who say they are true orthodox and not even email us to say they are praying for us, well, we really are not concerned if those folk believe or not, we do pray for them, the skeptics, but anyone can claim they are ORTHODOX, but few truly live it ins some of these groups, so we just let it fall off like water off a ducks back....if they were real Orthodox, they would know that a monk can live in an apartment or even a house in the inner city nowadays, so this is just an excuse not to give, we do not want alms from anyone like that, we know many nowadays simply cannot give, that is fine, we only ask for your love and prayers in Christ then, these folks are not worth worrying about just because they don't think we exist..how sad, we shall pray for them, and we have heard from some who want to tell us gossip, please know we shall not listen to it, this skete shows love, forgiveness, and compassion...we abhor sin, don't we all, but we must show compassion, so we extend that forgiveness even to those of you who say we don't have land nor buildings....St. Anthony had a cave, and who are you to say what makes a monk...gossip and lies and calumny and minding others business is not a good ORTHODOX CHRISTIAN...so we forgive, and you may have to eat crow then once you see our pictures...once they are uploaded by Brother Juvenaly...and please, we have accepted Brother juvenaly, do not send any more things of his past...about him being truly Orthodox, or not we will be the judge of that, and this young man has more compassion and true ethos of Orthodoxy of many of you who spend your whole days on this list. we do come on and beg and ask for prayers, yes, but you don't see us on 24 hours a day, so please: go to confession , you who have said this skete doesn't exist, and know we love you, forgive you, and as monks , we must tell you the truth: you stand in grave sin , GO TO CONFESSION. All the rest on the list, thank you for your help in the past and for your great , great charity in your prayers toward us poor monks. we love all, we pray for all, May God Bless You.
Holy Nativity of the Mother of God Skete
North Dakota usa Stavrophore Monks Fathers John and Matthew and Brotherhood. P.S. St. Anthony the founder of monasticism had only a cave, so I guess now you skeptics say he is NOT A MONK?????? We shall pray even for those skeptics. God Bless even YOU.

Грешник
Sr Member

Post by Грешник »

To Those Who Might Be Interested:

Much has been done regarding the online store for the ND monks. The server switch went through seamlessly, (Thank you GoDady.com and F.D.N.) and new products are being added half hourly. We have added PayPal and Credit Card processing to the site and we are working on more informational pages in regards to the Old Rite as well as monasticism and Orthodoxy in general.

If anyone who views the site has any suggestions on criticisms please do not hesitate to email me and I will work through whatever I can, also if you have any products you would like to see added please let me know and I will do my best to locate your items as we are geting our inventory from a variety of sources.

Just a quick update, more to come soon.

Subdeacon Joseph

Post by Subdeacon Joseph »

Juvenaly,
Which web address will this new site be on?

sdc joseph

Грешник
Sr Member

Site Update #3

Post by Грешник »

Dear in Christ SubDeacon Joseph and friends,

The actual address of the site is as follows:

http://www.oldbelieverskete.com - Main site

and

http://www.oldbeleiverskete.com/monks-store/ - Store

The site is still being heavily edited. We will also be offering other services yet to be deployed but if you check back often you will see some of the changes and extra services that we plan on offering. More on this in time.

ioannis

Post by ioannis »

Juvenaly,

The drop box on the main page does not link to the monks-store/ page when you click it, it links to a broken link: /store.html

FYI

Грешник
Sr Member

Post by Грешник »

Gracias Ioannis.

I shall ix that now. I am working onside the store and didn't even thonk to edit that LOL. (I also need to update the frontpage so this is a agood time to do that too.)