Assault on Mount Athos by Homosexual Groups!

News about traditional Orthodox monastics and how these monks and nuns are living out their vocations in monasteries and convents. All Forum Rules apply. No polemics. No heated discussions. No name-calling.

Moderator: Mark Templet

Reader Nicholas
Jr Member

Post by Reader Nicholas »

Justin Kissel wrote:

Yes, if there is one thing that traditional Orthodox are good at, it's showing love to those unlike themselves :roll:

Justin,

How "unkind" of you to paint all traditional Orthodox with the same broad brush. There are many traditional Orthodox who do show Christian love and kindness to those unlike themselves. Those traditonal Orthodox don't have such hubris as to label eveyone else heretic or deposed or without Grace.

There is love out there you just have to look really hard for it.

Nicholas

ioannis

Post by ioannis »

There are many traditional Orthodox who do show Christian love and kindness to those unlike themselves. Those traditonal Orthodox don't have such hubris as to label eveyone else heretic or deposed or without Grace.

Reader Nicholas,

Because our first love is Christ we hold that the faith He taught us is Orthodox and not just a name. Discerning that a person is preaching a faith foreign to Orthodoxy, and is therefore in heresy without Mysteriological Grace, is not a result of a lack of love and kindness. This is what ALL of the Holy Fathers of our church teach.

A real lack of spiritual love is best seen in people who accept anything in order to get along with men, toward the destruction of everyone, and place Christ second. This drunken type of love is easy, cheap, fleeting, and always worthless. Real love, sober in the spirit of our faith, is often hard and not agreeable with the world, and is often the work of a lifetime.

If someone says I lack love, they are most correct. And they are better than my friends who tell me I am such a good person, because perhaps next time I will remember to be more kind and more patient and I sure need to be. But if they mean I lack that drunken hippy love, then, I sure hope so.

DavidHawthorne

Two Good Posts

Post by DavidHawthorne »

Both Rd. Nicholas and Ioannis have written good posts. Especially the last paragraph of Ioannis', it sounds very similar to Proverbs. Thank you for writing that- it is the most spiritually edifying thing I have read online in quite a while!

In Christ,
Rd. David

spiridon

Post by spiridon »

If you guard your tongue, my brother, God will give you the gift of compunction of heart so that you may see your soul, and thereby you will enter into spiritual joy. But if your tongue defeats you “ believe me in what I say to you “ you will never be able of escape from darkness.
If you do not have a pure heart, at least have a pure mouth.

St. Isaac the Syrian

First, and Last, and Always
in CHRIST