Monks and Sexual Desire

News about traditional Orthodox monastics and how these monks and nuns are living out their vocations in monasteries and convents. All Forum Rules apply. No polemics. No heated discussions. No name-calling.

Moderator: Mark Templet

Olympiada
Jr Member

SLAA

Post by Olympiada »

spiridon wrote:

" Keep it simple " and " fake it till you make it " and "We claim Spiritual progress rather then spiritual perfection"

That's right. I was told to stick close to my program and focus on the program. Speaking of the original subject there is a program called Sex and Love Addict's Anonymous and I have three of their pamphlets right here in front of me. They are also on the internet. I have known about them since I was a teenager. So I don't know who Ms. J thinks she was correcting, certainly not me. She has no idea... 8)

spiridon

Post by spiridon »

the sex program borrowed the 12 steps from the program Alchoholics anonymous, amazingly there have been over 250- 12 step programs that have borrowed the 12 steps from aa and have not changed a thing just simply added there addiction , where the word alcohol is in the original 12 steps...the thing to always remember is that addiction comes in all different types from sex to alcohol to prescription drugs, to street drugs, to gambling to over eating, and no one is imune to these addictions, they have no prejudice whatsoever and most of the times cause severe pain to those around them for years and years...
addictive programs borrowed the 12 steps for no other reason then-they Worked. but the success rate is less then 5 % recovery rate , because they only work if you are willing to believe in GOD as most come into the program no longer believing in God, and also the steps have to be applied into your life ASAP, as Bill w and Dr.Bob always did and intended the program to be, in the late 1930s and all the 1940s and 1950s the success rate was almost 100 % and as of the late 1970s till july 31st of 2006 the success rate is less then 5% recovery rate...

First, and Last, and Always
in CHRIST

JAMESthePERSIAN
Jr Member

Post by JAMESthePERSIAN »

spiridon wrote:

" Keep it simple " and " fake it till you make it " and "We claim Spiritual progress rather then spiritual perfection"

12 STEPPERS EVERYWHERE!!!

lol

All Saints of America Orthodox Mission, Located in Dequeen Arkansas. The Mission strives to provide a welcoming community, in a quiet country setting, where individual members can work out their salvation and serve as a witness to the Orthodox Faith.
http://www.allsaintsofamerica.com/

vicki22

has been thrown off other chat groups

Post by vicki22 »

The person posting the topics sadistic monks and monks and sexual desire has been removed from other chat groups for getting of out of control and being inappropriate. This person does not GET Orthodoxy and lacks logic, considering all the rational replies this person receives to his/her zany questions. Some people just want to liven things up, stir trouble, rock the boat, etc. etc. Pray. Prelest is not far off.