Icons of Stalin- need urgent help.

DIscussion and News concerning Orthodox Churches in communion with those who have fallen into the heresies of Ecumenism, Renovationism, Sergianism, and Modernism, or those Traditional Orthodox Churches who are now involved with Name-Worshiping, or vagante jurisdictions. All Forum Rules apply. No polemics. No heated discussions. No name-calling.

GOCTheophan

Icons of Stalin- need urgent help.

Post by GOCTheophan »

I made the mistake of joining a forum made up largely of the hetrodox because I was looking for a place to discuss theology where there would be no debates about the apostasy of ROCOR-L. On this I made a comment about Icons of Stalin which I have often heard reference too and indeed saw a photo of one in my MP days. Now I need documentation because having looked around I dont have any. Even if documentation is produced I doubt it will have an effect given the strength of the prelest they are under but you never know.

Theophan.

Ebor

Post by Ebor »

One wonders why there could be something wrong with asking for support of a surprising claim? It is not an attack nor a bad attitude to ask for a reliable source. If an unknown person made some kind of unusual assertion about something that you thought sounded odd, why would you not ask them for some kind of source material?

Also, if proof is good and able to be checked and verified, then that is all that is needed.

One wonders how the OP knows that other people are "under prelest".

With respect,

Ebor

尼古拉前执事
Archon
Faith: Eastern Orthodox
Jurisdiction: Non-Phylitist

Post by 尼古拉前执事 »

Dear Theophan,

It is sad but true. I have seen more icons that the one I show below. I hope this is of some help however.

Ebor

Post by Ebor »

And the source of the picture you posted is, according to the "Properties"
http://kleine-fuhrer.lenin.ru/imgs/stalin_icon.jpg

Now I do not read Russian. But some of the other images available there are ummm highly odd imho.

Who is the maker of this site? Does he give a provenence for the "icon"? Is it really an icon or a piece done in the style? Where is it found? Is it in a real church? If it says that it is, where?

This is till only a picture on the 'Net, meaning no disrespect. It is not proof that such a thing exists in a church setting.

Ebor

TomS
Protoposter

Post by TomS »

Wow. That icon looks so fake. There is no flow between the writing. Looks like someone took an Xacto knife to a picture of Stalin and pasted it on the icon.

Besides, you should know that you can't trust any picture posted on the internet. Especially when it could be used as propaganda.

spiridon

Post by spiridon »

Theophan you were better off talking about something that was true, then about icons about stalin...
always remember that anything can be reproduced by photograph,drawing or painted...
in our hearts we know what is what, and who is who

First, and Last, and Always
in CHRIST

michigan
Jr Member

Post by michigan »

Maybe it was communist propaganda from Stalin's time, to give people something to venerate in place of real icons.