England's Royal Family converting to Orthodoxy?

DIscussion and News concerning Orthodox Churches in communion with those who have fallen into the heresies of Ecumenism, Renovationism, Sergianism, and Modernism, or those Traditional Orthodox Churches who are now involved with Name-Worshiping, or vagante jurisdictions. All Forum Rules apply. No polemics. No heated discussions. No name-calling.

Joe Zollars

Post by Joe Zollars »

Denis, come home!

Joe Zollars

Justin Kissel

Post by Justin Kissel »

I also hesitate in going because we don't know if a visit by my wife and I would be totally welcome.

I pray if you do go you will be welcomed! I know that there are indeed some reclusive (if perhaps a bit xenophobic) congregations out there, but most that I've been to seem pretty open to people of all kinds. The only Orthodox Church I've ever felt remotely uncomfortable in was a Greek Church, and that was only because I didn't have a clue what they were saying! I had just spent the weekend with their priest-monk at the monastery he resided at, though, and he was very hospitable. It was an issue of language/culture, not a lack of love.

I hope that you can find some type of congregation that you feel comfortable in visiting (not too comfortable, but you know what I mean :) ) May the Lord guide you in your spiritual journey!

Denis

Post by Denis »

Thanks to all who have so generously answered. I want to whish a Merry Christmas to all the members of the site. Christ is born and let's rejoice!

Gideon

Post by Gideon »

I

尼古拉前执事
Archon
Faith: Eastern Orthodox
Jurisdiction: Non-Phylitist

An attempted reply from a tired hand.

Post by 尼古拉前执事 »

Gideon wrote:

I do not doubt that there may be Orthodox Christians within the Anglican Church but I would have to ask if they are Orthodox how could they remain Anglican?

Dear Gideon, I think this is how the journey begins for many of us. Once we discover the fullness pf Orthodox Christianity we realize we can no longer remain what we once were and have to leave it to become what we are called to be as children of God.

Thus, it is our place to make the reality of Orthodxy known to all men, so that all who desire to be in like with the truth find it's home.