POSSIBLE SCHISM IN MOSCOW PARTIARCHATE

DIscussion and News concerning Orthodox Churches in communion with those who have fallen into the heresies of Ecumenism, Renovationism, Sergianism, and Modernism, or those Traditional Orthodox Churches who are now involved with Name-Worshiping, or vagante jurisdictions. All Forum Rules apply. No polemics. No heated discussions. No name-calling.

Priest Siluan
Faith: Russian Orthodox
Jurisdiction: RTOC

Post by Priest Siluan »

(Vertograd, Moscow) from Newsletter No. 64, Thursday, June 14, 2007. 11:47 P.M.

Bishop Diomid of Chukotka Diocese of Moscow Partiarchate, 12 priests of this Diocese and also some monks and nuns have issued the second letter to Patriarch Alexey, asking him to condemn ecumenism and to fix a number of serious problems in Moscow Patriarchate. This letter released on June 7 is much firmer then the previous letter of Bishop Diomied issued six months ago.

The new letter is actually an ultimatum, and it leaved no way back to Bishop Diomid and his flock.

Another hierarch of MP, Bishop Hippolitus of Husta at the Ukraine supports Bishop Diomid. Besides a big number of simple priests and faithful support them all over Russia.

Грешник
Sr Member

Post by Грешник »

Maybe there is hope...

stumbler

Post by stumbler »

Is it properly called a schism when people in a non-church divide from others in the same non-church?

I am just praying for union between all the parts of the church which have separated fromt he non-church.

Helen

Post by Helen »

Juvenaly wrote:

Maybe there is hope...

Are you serious? There is always hope. Obviously you are not aware of the situation in Russia. There are many within the MP who oppose ecumenism from within.

Is it properly called a schism when people in a non-church divide from others in the same non-church?

I am just praying for union between all the parts of the church which have separated fromt he non-church.

You people never cease to amaze and astound me with your harshness.

stumbler

Post by stumbler »

Who exactly are "you people" - if you don't mind my asking.

GOCTheophan

Post by GOCTheophan »

stumbler wrote:

Who exactly are "you people" - if you don't mind my asking.

We live in a time of great confusion and one that indeed lacks love. Love doesnt mean sentimentality and wishy-washiness though. The "love" of Met Kyprian which is full of hatred for his supposed Old Calendarist brothers because of their social origins and their following of the Holy Fathers is a "love" I can leave. The same goes for the "love" of Black Bart et al.

If a Bishop from the MP rejects false ecumenism and breaks Communion with the apostates- how should we react? I for one dont believe that the MP is a Church....However how has the Church treated such cases in the past? Were not a lot of semi-Arians accepted at the second Ecumenical council into Communion?

We need to be careful but at the same time this is a very hopeful sign. Maybe someone with a knowledge of Church history can comment here.

Theophan.

Benjamin W. C. Waterhouse
Jr Member

Post by Benjamin W. C. Waterhouse »

GOCTheophan wrote:

We live in a time of great confusion and one that indeed lacks love. Love doesnt mean sentimentality and wishy-washiness though. The "love" of Met Kyprian which is full of hatred for his supposed Old Calendarist brothers because of their social origins and their following of the Holy Fathers is a "love" I can leave. The same goes for the "love" of Black Bart et al.

If a Bishop from the MP rejects false ecumenism and breaks Communion with the apostates- how should we react? I for one dont believe that the MP is a Church....However how has the Church treated such cases in the past? Were not a lot of semi-Arians accepted at the second Ecumenical council into Communion?

We need to be careful but at the same time this is a very hopeful sign. Maybe someone with a knowledge of Church history can comment here.

Theophan.

Really Theophan?

Evidence?

In Him
SB

"The Synod of Metropolitan Cyprian adheres wholly to the exact same ecclesiological and dogmatic principles as our Russian Orthodox Church Outside Russia,"