Episcopalian "Priestess" is Muslim & Christian

Discuss Religious, Moral and Ethical topics that are offtopic to other forums and that are within the boundaries of Christian morality and good taste, i.e., no pictures or videos of killings. Any politically charged material must be posted in the private Political and Social Issues forum; please PM admin for access. All rules apply. No promotion of Non-Orthodox-Christian beliefs. No baiting, flaming, or ad hominems. No polemics.
Ebor

Post by Ebor »

Well, which is the "Orthodox Church" that you mean? Iirc you were ROCOR once and then HOCNA? Please forgive my not remembering. I know of the divisions and those who call other jurisdictions "World Orthodoxy" and such. I do not believe that there is no life in other Churches. This would seem to be an "Agree to disagree" situation.

With respect,

Ebor

Sean
Faith: Old Calendar Greek Orthodox
Jurisdiction: HOTCA

Post by Sean »

Ebor wrote:

Well, which is the "Orthodox Church" that you mean? Iirc you were ROCOR once and then HOCNA? Please forgive my not remembering. I know of the divisions and those who call other jurisdictions "World Orthodoxy" and such. I do not believe that there is no life in other Churches. This would seem to be an "Agree to disagree" situation.

With respect,

Ebor

You're confusing the Church with jurisdictions. The Church is, and has always been One. There are different True Orthodox jurisdictions who share a common confession of faith, but are administratively separated. I have been Orthodox for almost 17 years, and for 13 of those years, I was a member of ROCOR. ROCOR was not a World Orthodox jurisdiction during those years. I left ROCOR as a matter of conscience and the salvation of my soul, because they had departed from the path of True Orthodoxy. This is not something I did quickly or easily, but agonized over it for years, until it became clear that ROCOR was on a path to apostacy, which they completed in July of this year.

Again, this is a True Orthodox forum. I would have no interest in joining an Episcopalian forum, as I am not an Episcopalian. As you can tell, our confession of faith, and convictions are a very strong presence here. Our's is the only Church which has been in existence from the beginning of the Christian era and has changed nothing in our beliefs and practices. When you read the Fathers, you will find the very same faith that is universally held by all True Orthodox. There are no progressions into, scholastiscism, Calvinism, modernism, etc... There are no factions which adore John Knox and despise anything liturgical or patristic, there are no factions which mix the liturgy with Native American shamanism and have clergy who openly sin against nature, but all believe in the One Faith handed down from Christ to His Apostles.

Some people prefer cupcakes. I, for one, care less for them...

Ekaterina
Protoposter

Post by Ekaterina »

Sean:
Your responces to Ebor have all the grace of a bull in a china shop.

I'm all for defending the faith and spreading the truth but your responces are full of sanctimony and elitism, neither of which would complell anyone to seek for more information. I'm Orthodox and I don't find your responces compelling.

A little less self-righteousness and you just might be doing God's work. Ever consider that God is trying to use you to bring someone to the faith and with your attitude all you are doing is making them turn and run.... elsewhere but not to the TRUTH.

I apologize if I have offended but somebody had to point it out to you.

Katya

Sean
Faith: Old Calendar Greek Orthodox
Jurisdiction: HOTCA

Post by Sean »

Ekaterina wrote:

Sean:
Your responces to Ebor have all the grace of a bull in a china shop.

I'm all for defending the faith and spreading the truth but your responces are full of sanctimony and elitism, neither of which would complell anyone to seek for more information. I'm Orthodox and I don't find your responces compelling.

A little less self-righteousness and you just might be doing God's work. Ever consider that God is trying to use you to bring someone to the faith and with your attitude all you are doing is making them turn and run.... elsewhere but not to the TRUTH.

I apologize if I have offended but somebody had to point it out to you.

Katya

No offense taken. I wasn't trying to come off that way, and if I am, then that is my own shortcoming and I ask your forgiveness. I've experienced a great deal of hostility towards Orthodoxy from members of my own family and others who know little to nothing about the Faith. It's worn me down over the years and now my first reaction is to throw subtlety to the wind and just role up my sleeves and go toe to toe.

I've experienced more of the same by being in HOCNA. Everyone hates us- even those who share the same confession of faith. So forgive me if I get a bit defensive.

Some people prefer cupcakes. I, for one, care less for them...

GOCPriestMark
Faith: Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction: GOC-Metropolitan Kirykos

Post by GOCPriestMark »

For my 2¢ CAD:
I like Sean's answer.
There is a big difference between saying; "The Orthodox Faith is the one true faith, and the Orthodox Church is the One Holy Catholic and Apostolic Church" and saying; "I am a perfect Christian, I think and do no wrong". The former is simply the truth and there is no better way to say it, the latter would definitely be "full of sanctimony and elitism", and "self-righteousness". Sean did well in stating the former while not falling into the latter.
Ekaterina: Can you please point out the specific words that bothered you?

==+==+==+==+==+==+==+==+==+==+==+==+==

Priest Mark Smith
British Columbia

Helen

Post by Helen »

I'm sure glad Ekaterina took courage to point out a few things to Sean. I certainly thought that Sean's responses were arrogant and insensitive.

Ekaterina: Can you please point out the specific words that bothered you?

Perhaps it wasn't so much the words that he used. There are two ways of saying things and a 'bull in a china shop' succinctly describes the way Sean went about saying things. The posts emanate a tangible spirit of arrogance. Ekaterina is right in saying that Sean's attitude could make people run from the Truth. We will give account for every word we say.

Helen

Post by Helen »

It is said that when someone reacts violently to something, it is usually a sign that some truth has been uncovered or a sore spot has been touched.

Perhaps Ebor touched a sore spot in his first post?