Should Father Seraphim Rose will be glorified? Will he?

An online Synaxaristes including martyrologies and hagiographies of the lives of the Orthodox Church's saints. All Forum Rules apply. No polemics. No heated discussions. No name-calling.

Will Father Seraphim Rose be Glorified? Should he?

He will and should be.

76%

He will but should not be.

6%

He will not but should be.

No votes

He will not and should not be.

18%

Total votes: 17

尼古拉前执事
Archon
Faith: Eastern Orthodox
Jurisdiction: Non-Phylitist

Should Father Seraphim Rose will be glorified? Will he?

Post by 尼古拉前执事 »

Do you think he will?

Should he?

Why or why not?

Julianna

Post by Julianna »

Why'd he be glorified? Has he healed anyone? Have any miracle been attributed to him? Is his body incorrupt like Saint Philaret? Was he martyred by Fr. Herman? Is that why his last words were "darn YOU!" to Herman? Why?

Savva24

Post by Savva24 »

Julianna wrote:

Why'd he be glorified? Has he healed anyone? Have any miracle been attributed to him?

Yes, there have been not too few Miracles and healings attributed to him. And I wouldn't be too surprized if his relics were found to be incorrupt. If anyone has ever seen the picures of his body during his funeral services, they would see that it contained a kind of radiance and peace and showed no sighs of even begining to corrupt.

Nick (Savva 24)

Justin Kissel

Post by Justin Kissel »

I'm not sure whether he is a saint or not, or whether he will be glorified or not. If he is glorified, I think it will be a long time from now. Maybe we newbies are mostly used to the more recent--uncommonly quick--glorifications (Saint John by ROCOR, Saints Justin and Nikolai by Serbia), but for most saints (even great ones) it takes a long time for them to be "officially" recognized. Then again, maybe we will continue on the same path of glorifying saints sooner rather than later. Anyway, I can't vote since there is no "I don't know" option :)

Gregory2

Post by Gregory2 »

I pray to Father Seraphim for his assistance. I don't see how, Julianna, you can know whether (a) he has healed anyone, (b) he has performed any miracles, or (c) his body is incorrupt, unless you know everything. (Which of course, you may -- in this case, please forgive me).

From what I have read of +Blessed Father Seraphim, he was a holy man who strove to live Orthodox Christianity and to bring it to anyone who would listen. He is especially important to me, a lifelong American, because he may be the first American convert Orthodox saint. And yes, he may not be officially canonized till after I have left this earth, but that's not an issue, IMHO.

I do pray for Father Seraphim's help in my struggles. There are records of his miraculous intervention also -- of course I don't know any of these first-hand.

Holy Father Seraphim, pray to God for us!

尼古拉前执事
Archon
Faith: Eastern Orthodox
Jurisdiction: Non-Phylitist

Question.

Post by 尼古拉前执事 »

I thought that Peter the Aleut was the first convert saint of America? Or did his parents convert before his birth?

Gregory2

Post by Gregory2 »

Nicholas,
You're right. St Peter the Aleut was the first American Orthodox convert saint -- from what I've read, he wasn't born into the faith. I guess Fr Seraphim would be the second, or the first non-Alaskan convert American saint, or the first convert saint of the 20th century.

Thanks for noting this.