Happy Thanksgiving!

Discuss Religious, Moral and Ethical topics that are offtopic to other forums and that are within the boundaries of Christian morality and good taste, i.e., no pictures or videos of killings. Any politically charged material must be posted in the private Political and Social Issues forum; please PM admin for access. All rules apply. No promotion of Non-Orthodox-Christian beliefs. No baiting, flaming, or ad hominems. No polemics.
Sean
Faith: Old Calendar Greek Orthodox
Jurisdiction: HOTCA

Happy Thanksgiving!

Post by Sean »

Wishing you and yours' a very Happy Turkey Day!

Some people prefer cupcakes. I, for one, care less for them...

drewmeister2
Faith: Eastern Orthodox
Jurisdiction: GOC/HOTCA

Post by drewmeister2 »

Happy Thanksgiving to you too!

Orthodoxia i Thanatos

www.YouTube.com/GreekOrthodoxTV

Грешник
Sr Member

Post by Грешник »

In every thing give thanks: for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus concerning you. I Thess.5:18

We ought all of us always to give thanks to God for both the universal and the particular gifts of soul and body that He bestows on us. The universal gifts consist of the four elements and all that comes into being through them, as well as all the marvelous works of God mentioned in the divine Scriptures. The particular gifts consist of all that God has given to each individual. These include wealth, so that one can perform acts of charity; poverty, so that one can endure it with patience and gratitude; authority, so that one can exercise right judgment and establish virtue; obedience and service, so that one can more readily attain salvation of soul; health, so that one can assist those in need and undertake work worthy of God; sickness, so that one may earn the crown of patience; spiritual knowledge and strength, so that one may acquire virtue; weakness and ignorance, so that, turning one's back on worldly things, one may be under obedience in stillness and humility; unsought loss of goods and possessions, so that one may deliberately seek to be saved and may be helped when incapable of shedding all one's possessions or even of giving alms; ease and prosperity, so that one may voluntarily struggle and suffer to attain the virtues and thus become dispassionate and fit to save other souls; trials and hardship so that those who cannot eradicate their own will may be saved in spite of themselves, and those capable of joyful endurance may attain perfection. St. Peter of Damaskos