Is Barak Obama the Antichrist?

Discuss Religious, Moral and Ethical topics that are offtopic to other forums and that are within the boundaries of Christian morality and good taste, i.e., no pictures or videos of killings. Any politically charged material must be posted in the private Political and Social Issues forum; please PM admin for access. All rules apply. No promotion of Non-Orthodox-Christian beliefs. No baiting, flaming, or ad hominems. No polemics.
Pravoslavnik
Sr Member
Jurisdiction: ROCOR- A

Is Barak Obama the Antichrist?

Post by Pravoslavnik »

I was once told by a Russian Orthodox priest that St. John of San Francisco was walking with some colleagues in San Francisco in the early 1960's. St. John reportedly stopped walking quite abruptly, and appeared shaken. One of his colleagues asked him if something was wrong. He said, "Say a prayer, for the Antichrist has just been born into this world." I heard this story second hand, and have never seen anything written about it, but one could say that I have often "pondered it in my heart" during the past many years, not least of all because it certainly implied that the Antichrist was alive during my own lifetime..

Code: Select all

I was watching a speech by Barak Obama on television this week after the Senator from Chicago had won the Iowa Caucus.  I was suddenly filled with a feeling of great dread, and the face of Senator Obama began to look almost demonic to me.  I turned to my wife, without thinking, and asked, "[i]Who is this man?   Could he, Barak Obama, possibly be the Antichrist?[/i]"  My wife almost laughed at my rather strange question, but we began to talk about what we knew of the Antichrist from the teachings of the Orthodox Church, including a sermon of St. John on the subject.  I knew from St. John's sermon that the Antichrist would be descended from the tribe of Dan, and would present himself to the world as a great humanitarian, perhaps even as the 12th Imam of Islam, only to reveal his great hatred of Christianity after coming to power.

I did a little research this weekend, and was amazed to learn that Senator Obama was raised in Moslem schools in Indonesia by his white mother, an [i][b]avowed atheist[/b][/i].  His birth name is [b]Barak Hussein Obama[/b], and he was born in [i]August of [b]1961 [/b][/i]in Honolulu, Hawaii.  His father was a Moslem from Kenya who's own father had converted from Christianity to Islam.   His mother's name, oddly enough, was Stanley Ann Dunham, the only daughter of parents from Kansas (and, later, Seattle) who were quite negative about Christianity, and attended a Unitarian "Church" in the Seattle area for a time.  One of his great grandparents was named Ralph Waldo Dunham, presumably in honor of the great American Unitarian, Ralph Waldo Emerson.  His mother died recently, but friends from high school described her as an atheist and as "the original feminist."  She married another Moslem (from Indonesia) after divorcing Barak Obama, Sr. when young Barak was two years old, apparently having a strong antipathy toward anything remotely Christian or Caucasian.  

Much of this secret family history has, apparently, been glossed over by Obama and his campaign organization. One site said that Obama's only living relative, his maternal grandmother, was "not available" for interviews or historical information.

At the risk of sounding like a paranoid nutcase, I am including an interesting link to a biographical article about Barak Obama's mother, Stanley (aka "Shirley") Ann Dunham, from a Chicago newspaper for any who are interested in this topic:

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/poli ... ory?page=1

Last edited by Pravoslavnik on Sun 6 January 2008 11:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
jacqueline
Faith: RussianOrthodox

Post by jacqueline »

What are the teachings that make you think Barak Obama is the anitchrist? Isn't it equally possible that any politician could be?

"Jesus Christ, the same yesterday, and today, and for ever." ( Heb.13:8 )

Pravoslavnik
Sr Member

Post by Pravoslavnik »

Jacqueline,

It is unfair, certainly, to slander anyone.  I am simply raising a question here that is not likely to be asked in any secular context.  We know, of course, that the Antichrist, a descendant of the Hebrew tribe of Dan, will come to power in the world in the end times, and will reign for perhaps three years before being overthrown by Christ.  He will rise to power as one who is almost universally acknowledged as a great humanitarian, and as one who will have a capacity to resolve some great crisis afflicting world civilization.  He will then reveal his true hatred of Christ and the Church after achieving world power, and will actively persecute the Church, even becoming, himself, an object of widespread veneration and worship.

It is fair to ask how any person could possibly achieve such power over world affairs in our day.  He must be a politician and/or world religious leader of some sort.    He must also be an apparent humanitarian with a [i]secret, hidden[/i] antipathy toward Christianity--and, if some sources are to be believed, will also be widely revered by Moslems...This is what struck me about Obama's family history.  His father and stepfather were Moslems, and his mother was an atheist from a family of disaffected Protestants who flirted with Unitarianism...

If the story about St. John is true, then the Antichrist must have been born in the early 1960's--after St. John came to America, and prior to the saint's death.  Were you thinking of other plausible candidates?
Sean
Faith: Old Calendar Greek Orthodox
Jurisdiction: HOTCA

Post by Sean »

I don't believe there is any way for us to know who the "Man of Lawlessness" is until he reveals himself. I have heard the story about St. John as well. Perhaps the Church has always been on the verge of the End Times, but the repentance of the faithful has stayed the hand of God many times.

Is Obama a practicing Muslim?

Some people prefer cupcakes. I, for one, care less for them...

Pravoslavnik
Sr Member

Post by Pravoslavnik »

Someone raised the question of Barak Obama's religion in Iowa, and he mentioned in a television clip on PBS that he has been known to attend a (?)Protestant church in Chicago. Hence, I doubt that he is a practicing Moslem but, if "the apple does not fall far from the tree," I would certainly wonder about the inner religious worldview of a man who was raised by an anti-Christian mother, a Moslem stepfather, and two maternal grandparents who were Unitarians, at best...Obama apparently attended a Moslem school in Indonesia for several years during his youth. I also know that the city of Chicago is home to more than a million Black Muslims. Isn't Chicago the "see" of Imam Louis Farakahn?

Sean
Faith: Old Calendar Greek Orthodox
Jurisdiction: HOTCA

Post by Sean »

Black Muslims a la Louis Farrakhan are not considered real Muslims by the Islamic world. They believe their founder (one Wallace Fard) to be God incarnate. They also do not believe in the afterlife, in addition to their racist ideology that most people already know about.

A bit of a rabbit trail, I know.

Some people prefer cupcakes. I, for one, care less for them...

Pravoslavnik
Sr Member

Post by Pravoslavnik »

Since submitting my original post here on the subject of Senator Barak Obama a few days ago, I have now learned that the internet is literally seething with blogs and posts about Barak Obama and the Antichrist. Most of these blogs are written on political sites by either sarcastic atheists or concerned Jews and Protestants. I have yet to learn anything of real value from these sources, but several bloggers have claimed that Obama has repeatedly downplayed the significance of his Islamic upbringing. I am listing one such link here for those who are interested:

http://www.pamibe.com/?p=1865

One source (political blogger Debbie Schlussel) claims that, despite his public disavowals, Obama once registered for a Catholic school in Indonesia as a "Muslim," and also regularly attended Moslem prayer services in his youth.  He did, aparently, attend a Wahabbist Moslem school in Indonesia for two years during his formative years, and also mentioned in his own autobiography that he grew up reading the (Satanic) Koran and other world religious texts.  I have no way of knowing if he is the real "Rosemary's Baby," but it appears that this popular, affable, "humanitarian" candidate--Barak and Stanley Ann's baby-- has a number of anti-Christian skeletons in his family closet.