Romanian Bishop communes with Roman Catholics

DIscussion and News concerning Orthodox Churches in communion with those who have fallen into the heresies of Ecumenism, Renovationism, Sergianism, and Modernism, or those Traditional Orthodox Churches who are now involved with Name-Worshiping, or vagante jurisdictions. All Forum Rules apply. No polemics. No heated discussions. No name-calling.

Suaidan
Sr Member
Faith: Orthodox
Jurisdiction: Autonomous Metropolia of the Americas

Romanian Bishop communes with Roman Catholics

Post by Suaidan »

Timisoara , May. 27, 2008 (CWNews.com) - A Romanian Orthodox bishop has shared Communion with Catholics, causing a sensation in a country where Byzantine Catholics and Orthodox have a history of tense relations.

At the consecration of the Queen of Peace parish church in Timisoara on May 25, Orthodox Metropolitan Nicolae Corneanu of Banat asked to share Communion. The Orthodox metropolitan approached the altar and received the Eucharist from his own hand.

Romanian Catholic Bishop Alexandru Mesian of Lugoj was the celebrant of the Divine Liturgy in the Byzantine Catholic church; Archbishop Francisco-Javier Lozano, the apostolic nuncio to Romania, was also present.

Although Orthodox and Catholic bishops often join in ecumenical services, and occasionally participate in each other's liturgical ceremonies, they do not share Communion-- an indication of the breach in ecclesial communion between the Orthodox churches and the Holy See. In Romania, tensions between the Orthodox Church and the Eastern-rite Romanian Catholic Church have been pronounced, adding to the surprise created by Metropolitan Corneanu's action.

With some Orthodox believers outraged by the metropolitan's sharing Communion with Catholic bishops, the Orthodox Patriarchate of Romania issued a statement saying that at the next meeting of the Orthodox synod, in July, Metropolitan Corneanu "may be asked to give an appropriate explanation" for his action.

The statement from the Orthodox patriarchate went on to say that ecumenical relations with the Catholic Church, "already quite fragile, cannot be helped, but are rather complicated," by sharing in Communion.

Metropolitan Corneanu-- who was one of the first Orthodox bishops to admit that he had cooperated with the secret police under the Communist regime-- has a record of friendship with Romanian Catholics. He was among the few Orthodox leaders prepared to return church properties that had been seized by the Communist government from Catholic ownership in 1948 and handed over to Orthodox control.

PHOTO, for those who don't believe it, on the website....

Fr Joseph Suaidan (Suaiden, same guy)

Kosmas
Jr Member

Ubsurdity #1

Post by Kosmas »

"With some Orthodox believers outraged by the metropolitan's sharing Communion with Catholic bishops, the Orthodox Patriarchate of Romania issued a statement saying that at the next meeting of the Orthodox synod, in July, Metropolitan Corneanu "may be asked to give an appropriate explanation" for his action."

Whatever happened to being immediately deposed? I guess taking this particular oath meant nothing for Nicolae Corneanu.

As it is known, every Bishop during his ordination makes an archpriestly oath which in part runs as follows: "I promise to observe the Canons of the Holy Apostles and of the Seven General Councils, and of the pious Local Councils, which have been legitimized for the preservation of rightful behests, and all Canons and Holy Statute inasmuch as they have been made up at various times by those who truly uphold the Holy Eastern Orthodox faith, and to firmly preserve all of these inviolate to the end of my life and with this my promise I give witness that all things that they have accepted I also accept and whatsoever things they have rejected I also reject. ... If I should transgress any of my promises given here, or to break any of the Divine regulations ... Then let me be immediately deprived of my office and of my authority, even without being denounced or accused, and let me be devoid of the heavenly gift, which was granted me by the Holy Spirit during ordination through the laying on of hands".

Jean-Serge
Protoposter

Post by Jean-Serge »

The Romanian uniat site also confirms this talking about a miracle. Simply click here.

Priidite, poklonimsja i pripadem ko Hristu.

OrthodoxChristian

Post by OrthodoxChristian »

This is a tragedy for this bishop's soul and for those poor souls that are scandalized but this satanic act.

We should pray that the Patriarchate of Romania responds rightly to this act of apostasy as soon as possible.

Jean-Serge
Protoposter

Post by Jean-Serge »

I think this action is really positive. It will show everybody the ecumenism true face... It is just a road to uniatism... Moreover, it will be very interesting to follow the Romanian Patriarchate rection. Will they dare depose the culprit? Indeed, they should according to the canons. Up to now, he has not even been suspended but only invited to provide explanations next July during the Synod... Very strange how ROCOR-MP members are silent about this affair... :roll:

Priidite, poklonimsja i pripadem ko Hristu.

Helen

Post by Helen »

I think this action is really positive. It will show everybody the ecumenism true face...

"No one who has the love of God in them could ever wish that anyone go to hell".

I think OrthodoxChristian summed up the attitude we should have towards these matters very nicely - it is the true Orthodox Christian spirit. But then again, praying for the Romanian Patriarchate to respond appropriately might be a bit hard if you believe that everyone else are heretics and ecumenists and unworthy of your prayers.

Who knows? Maybe it is more important to be right.

Varsanufios
Faith: geniur orthodox christian
Jurisdiction: GOC Chrisostom

apostasy

Post by Varsanufios »

This is not surprize.But whole New-calendarist churc is shismatic.
Why they must react?They are not ortodox.This is just an manifestation of their apostasy. :shock: