Incognito 1583's own personal thread about whatever

Discuss Religious, Moral and Ethical topics that are offtopic to other forums and that are within the boundaries of Christian morality and good taste, i.e., no pictures or videos of killings. Any politically charged material must be posted in the private Political and Social Issues forum; please PM admin for access. All rules apply. No promotion of Non-Orthodox-Christian beliefs. No baiting, flaming, or ad hominems. No polemics.
Incognito1583

Re: Priestly Advice

Post by Incognito1583 »

Pravoslavnik wrote:

I strongly suspect that Incognito is projecting his own personal father transference issues onto the Church Fathers and hierarchs.

I could understand why you said that, but nothing could be further from the truth. I love the Church Fathers. The problem today is that there is a new breed of "Orthodox" today who are wolves in sheeps clothing, and they are destroying Orthodoxy. The hierarchy is corrupt, selfish and do not trust God or His most pure mother. They lie, slander, gossip, compromise the faith, do not understand the virtues of love, obedience, humility and commitment. They often take matters into their own hands in terms of vengence and actively retaliating because they have no faith in God. I have never known a bishop who was not a liar. They believe in this very strange delusion of "blessed" lying and sinning. They actually give obediences to people to lie and slander. Some can be super-correct in their "Orthodoxy" (but this never lasts), but they are rotten to the core. They are like white washed sepulchers which appear clean on the outside, but are within as dead mens bones. They strain at a gnat and swallow a cammel. They shut up the Kingdom of Heaven against men (by destroying the Church and every parish they get their hands on -- for example by communing new calendarists), and do not even enter themselves. They write volumes of books on the virtues, but do not lift one finger to practice them. They are hypocrites and serpents. These kind of people would have been better in politcs. They do not belong in religion -- especially Christianity.

Orthodoxy is filled today with what I called "Potluck Christians." They compartmentalize God. Their "Orthodoxy" is practiced when they have time for it. They limit Christianity to Sunday and the following potluck meal. They never do anything for anyone. They live solely for themselves. They have never truly had a born again experience. They do not love God or Orthodoxy. They do not think the way God thinks. They do not have the mind of Christ. They have never been regenerated from above. They think they are Christians because they were baptized as infants. Their heart and mind have never been baptized. They go to church to socialize. Their youth wear shorts, and their women wear pants at youth conferences. They are enslaved to the zeitgeist (spirit of the age) and follow worldly fashions. The priests are becoming more and more spiritually lethargic. They are passive and indifferent to the apostasy we see before our eyes.

joasia
Protoposter
Jurisdiction: RTOC

Post by joasia »

Inco,

Wow. And you've talked with these bishops, priests and laymen? You know them, personally? Which churches did you meet them in? Sounds like you know the depth of their souls.

So basically, none of us here, are Orthodox, in your mind? Where were YOU baptised? Which jurisdiction?

Create in me a clean heart, O God, and renew a right spirit within me. (Ps. 50)

Incognito1583

Post by Incognito1583 »

These new breed of new calendar "Orthodox," have never had a true converion to Christ in the heart. They think they are Christians because they do the rituals at church and enjoy the potluck. They only go to church to enjoy themselves.

Incognito1583

Post by Incognito1583 »

They pride themselves in being what they call "cradle" Orthodox. But these poor souls never leave the cradle. They never learn to walk. "God is able of these stones to raise up children unto Abraham." [Saint John the Baptist]. They should not pride themelves in something they had no say in (being baptized as an infant). The Jews were proud they were biological descendents of Abraham. But John the Baptist critisized them for this. It's the error of "holiness by association." No, we must all personally convert.

Every man and woman must personally be converted in the heart and mind. When this is done, the water baptism gains meaning.

There is no such a thing as cradle vs converts. All people must be converted. God has no grandchildren. No one will piggyback into heaven.

Incognito1583

Post by Incognito1583 »

I don't want to sound too extreme. I'm sure there are still some good people and clergy in the churches.

joasia
Protoposter
Jurisdiction: RTOC

Post by joasia »

Inco,

So basically, you're not going to answer my questions. I mean a direct answer, like the kind you demand from us.

You don't want to sound too "extreme"? But, you express yourself that way. So you ARE being extreme. ALL your posts are EXTREME.

Are you even baptised? Will you continue to avoid answering my questions, directly?

Create in me a clean heart, O God, and renew a right spirit within me. (Ps. 50)

Incognito1583

Post by Incognito1583 »

I've answered it before. I said I was headed toward the Kiousis Synod. I am presently not in any jurisdiction because everyone around me has compromised the faith. All my local parishes are part of world Orthodoxy. Also, I was baptized into ROCA before they compromised with Cyprian in 1994. I was baptized in true Orthodox fashion, in 1993.