House of Romanovs Wants Royal Remains Examined

Discuss Religious, Moral and Ethical topics that are offtopic to other forums and that are within the boundaries of Christian morality and good taste, i.e., no pictures or videos of killings. Any politically charged material must be posted in the private Political and Social Issues forum; please PM admin for access. All rules apply. No promotion of Non-Orthodox-Christian beliefs. No baiting, flaming, or ad hominems. No polemics.
Catherine5

Re: House of Romanovs Wants Royal Remains Examined

Post by Catherine5 »

Back to the latest Kyb, there's so much to try to ferret out.
First of all, what was REALLY going on in the Kirillovichi minds? I'm trying to get a hold of this more clearly.
It seems they used the ROCOR to help legitimize their supposed claim to the throne?
DId they calculate this, saying to themselves, "Well our position is VERY shaky, all the relations are against marriage of Leonida and Vladimir, so what can we do to bolster a sagging respectability amongst European emigres? Aha, the Church. But the only ones that even would like us would be that Church in Exile. Shall we cozy up to them even if it means having to show up for a few services occasionally?" - !

Yes, they seemed so a-religious. Kind of aimless, in fact. Where is their charity work? I know there have been the requisite mentions of GD Leonida's supposed work.
I hope it was something useful. I wonder of what it really consisted, and how involved she was in fact.
To me, if I had been there, I would have used that resounding name to help out the ROCOR financially - they were quite poor, I'm sure. Then after that, I would organize donations for needy Russian emigres from Communism. Those two alone would suffice to keep anyone occupied around the clock in those very difficult years of upheaval with WWII, etc.
But these Kirillovichis sounded like they just went to parties, played cards, that type of thing.
I feel certain they were NOT readers or thinkers or intellectuals.
Am I sort of right, do you guess? I'm trying to nail down an accurate picture by making deductions from the few facts available.
The obvious line of thought should be not for their own selves, but to promote a genuine version of the Church that had been left behind in Russia. Only that could bring the right consolation to the suffering souls, torn so terribly from their entire existences. Imagine how awful that would have been to be uprooted like that. To have one's comfortable and familiar life fall away from underneath the feet. That Guatemala City sinkhole might be a good image!

Obviously this Grand Duchess Elena Vladimirovna did just this. SHE sounds very worthy of research, especially her role with the ROCOR.
Good for her, I'm really impressed at her excellent sense and determination.
I'd like to know more. I HAVE heard of Princess Helen of Greece, but frankly all those reigns of this century in Greece have changed so quickly that I have lost track. I remember Princess Alexandra [Sandra] who married Peter I of Yugoslavia, a very sad story when the monarchy was cancelled by Tito and the couple could never come back to reign.
This is a side track, but Peter I sounded as though he just didn't know what to do with his life after that. Similar to the Romanovs and other families who were never allowed back to their countries.
Apparently Peter really cared and never stopped scheming to get back in, even physically to sneak in to his country.
In contrast, the Kirillovichi sounded a little laidback.

But back to their behavior, I still don't see exactly how they were malicious. On a personal level, yeah. But politically, or Church-wise ?
Yes I also wish the nicest wife for Georgy. Perhaps the right woman could breathe some life and light back into a rather lackluster picture.
I read that his father converted to Orthodoxy temporarily. Maybe that explains Georgy's lack of enthusiasm: he had a Protestant father who was probably least interested in the Russian Church of the entire Kirillovichi clan. My feeling is that he should choose a devout Catholic princess, because there are not enough Orthodox ones available, I assume. She can convert. A German Protestant is the de rigueur choice for Romanovs, going back centuries. I always thought that was a huge mistake.
Yes, he should hurry because who knows what can happen? Time to start raising a family. Have you heard of who has been put forward as a possible bride?

Maybe a Cinderella will find out about him by reading this very post and present herself to their court for a match made in heaven!