Schwarzenegger?

Non-political secular news and anything else (within the boundaries of Christian morality and good taste) that is not on-topic in any other section. Any politically charged material must be posted in the private Political and Social Issues forum; please PM admin for access. All Forum Rules apply. No polemics. No heated discussions. No name-calling.

Would you vote for Arnold?

Yes

7%

No

86%

Maybe

7%

Arnold Schwarzenegger is trying to get elected???

No votes

Total votes: 14

Justin Kissel

Schwarzenegger?

Post by Justin Kissel »

Let's suppose we all lived in California. Would you vote for Arnold Schwarzenegger? Why or why not?

Personally, I would not vote for him as he is too liberal in some of his stances.

• He's is pro-murder (aka pro-choice). At least, though, he is against taking the baby almost all the way out of the mother and then sucking it's brains out through the neck (aka the procedure commonly called partial birth abortion). This issue in itself would prevent me from voting for him.

• He's said that he is for "gun-control". I doubt that means the type of control one uses as they hold the gun steady and aim. I'm not as big a supporter of the "guns" issue as I used to be, but I still come down with the NRA, et al. on these types of things.

• When asked about schooling/vouchers/charter schools he sort of side-stepped the issue and said that we need to work within the already existing system. I think the already existing system is the titanic and going down, so I don't really see a point in trying to repair it.

• He is for homosexual unions, though he wouldn't allow it to be legal marriages. He supports (or at least did support, according to the dated quotes I've seen) the right of "homosexual couples" to adopt children.

Jakub

Post by Jakub »

A true conservative would vote for Tom McClintock :) , but Cruz Bustamante will probably win because he is Hispanic and the liberal Democrats run Calif. :cry: .

james

Justin Kissel

Post by Justin Kissel »

I'm curious as to who voted yes and maybe, and what your reasons are? :)

Gregory2

Post by Gregory2 »

Thank God I'm not a Californian :) ......
(though I'd love to live in the Monterey area someday!)

I wouldn't vote for Arnold, but it's really a choice of several evils out there... Arnold, Cruz, Gray Davis, --- how can you win?
Almost makes me want to vote for that guy from Different Strokes!

bogoliubtsy
Sr Member

Post by bogoliubtsy »

He'd have my vote!

Comes from a strong family with a supportive father(Mr. D)

Won't forget his humble origins.

Has lived on both sides of the proverbial "tracks"- which will result in moderate political views with the interests of all constituents in mind.

Has truly lived and come to understand the importance of racial diversity.

Coleman 2003.

Justin Kissel

Post by Justin Kissel »