New private forum for Intra-TOC Polemics

News and updates pertaining to the Cafe itself, including policies and helpful information. This is also the place for users to pose technical questions or seek assistance in navigating the forum. All Forum Rules apply. No polemics. No heated discussion. No name-calling.

Maria
Archon
Faith: True Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction: GOC

Re: New private forum

Post by Maria »

I honestly think that the private forums are helping preserve a more positive Orthodox Christian environment here at E Cafe.

We need a private space to discuss things that may not edify visitors and those that lurk here. Why air our dirty laundry for all to see?
The process of coming to a consensus is not always edifying, but once a Christian understanding is reached, and we can forgive each other, it is all good in the end.

I was thinking of a specific Biblical verse, but it escapes me at present.

Lord Jesus Christ, have mercy on me a sinner.

joasia
Protoposter
Jurisdiction: RTOC

Re: New private forum

Post by joasia »

Xenia,

I personally believe that it is better to have a private forum for TOC as the discussions can get very intense, mainly due to one new poster. The discussions would not be understood by someone who is looking for general Orthodox explanations.

In Christ,
Joanna

Create in me a clean heart, O God, and renew a right spirit within me. (Ps. 50)

Maria
Archon
Faith: True Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction: GOC

Re: New private forum for Intra-TOC Polemics

Post by Maria »

Any member or catechumen of a True Orthodox jurisdiction can request permission to post in Intra-TOC Polemics.

However, those who belong to Name-Worshiping jurisdictions under HOCNA, the Macarian Synod, or "Bishop" Gregory Lourie, will not be admitted unless they are not Name-Worshipers, but are sincerely seeking to join a True Orthodox Synod.

Please PM an Administrator for access.

Maria
Administrator

Lord Jesus Christ, have mercy on me a sinner.

Madison Grant
Jr Member

Re: TO REGISTER FOR THIS SITE

Post by Madison Grant »

nyc_xenia wrote:

Fr. Anastasios,

Your Blessing.

This stinks...Sorry, it seems almost everything is on private forums. <?> What's that about?

What is the point of the Forum, to HIDE what we think and say? Who exactly are we shaming or causing scandal to, that the very reason we joined the site to begin with, is now all being done in secret non accessible forums. Why have a forum if every other thread can not be accessed without specific permission ? We're not Masons nor Illuminati, we are True Orthodox Christians. Why is everything being stuck under a bushel?

In Christ,

Dcssa. Xenia

I have had access to that sub-forum for about the last 4 years, and it is, or has been, a pretty tame place.

Mostly general questions about synods; no, no flame wars.

p.s. Basically, this picture is just a meme.