Greetings

This is a safe harbor for inquirers and catechumen to ask questions and share their journey into Holy Orthodoxy. Please be kind to our newcomers and warmly welcome them. All Forum Rules apply. No polemics. No heated discussions. No name-calling.
Matthew
Protoposter

Re: Greetings

Post by Matthew »

Hello Nathan, well just speaking for myself, but I don't have any problem hearing your opinons or questions about the Matthewites. So, for me at least, there is no need to tip-toe around any of the Matthewite questions or issues. I would be interested in discussing them , but like Jonathan says, it should probably be done in the private "hot debate" section. Not everyone viewing these pages is able to take this kind of discussion well. So we keep it in a protective area to spare more sensitive people's feelings. . It is not ideas that I am against or shy about, only the tone in which they might be discussed. As long as things remain respectful and in a positive and loving spirit, there is no problem.Anyone want to second that?

Barbara
Protoposter

Post by Barbara »

Yes, I know what you mean, Nathan V.
Planning to come back to the agreeably detailed and admirably clear, honest descriptions.
Have a couple points to understand better, but am in a rush right now.
I will reread it all carefully.
Thanks so much for taking the time to write all that.
Greatly appreciated, as everyone can learn much from the experiences of others of us
along the way.

I had not ANY idea that St Isaac the Syrian was born in Qatar - !
What city name is given for his birthplace?
And he was made Bishop of what - Susa ?
That is in Khuzistan. There were Christians all along the western fringe of Iran,
up through Lake Urmieh, and i believe there WAS a Bishop whose see was at Susa.
But I have never studied this topic in particular. Just memory.

OK so St Isaac was proven NOT a Nestorian, good to be aware of to refute arguments.

Icxypion is the Senior Diplomat of this group !

Matthew
Protoposter

Post by Matthew »

Oh dear! Thank you for the kind words, Barbara, but I am not a senior anything, just a bungler who is trying to straighten my crooked life out. :oops:

Maria
Archon
Faith: True Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction: GOC

Post by Maria »

Priest Antonios wrote:

Thu Nov 15, 2012 7:15 am cst

Good day everyone,

This seemed to be the appropriate place for an introductory note. If not, please forgive me.

My name is Antonios and I am a subdeacon in the OCA. I've been lurking about for some time now. However, this is my first post. Over the years my interest in True Orthodoxy has continued to increase. I suppose it's coming to a head due to certain pressures, internal and external, about accepting and pursuing ordination to the higher orders. As I am sure you can understand, if one takes this seriously, it is of eternal consequence. I don't want to bore anyone with my blabbering so let me just say "hello", and let this be an icebreaker, of sorts. Lord, have mercy...

Sincerely in Christ,
Antonios

Good Old Times! This is Father Antonios' first post here at E. Cafe. Then he was a subdeacon in the OCA, now he is a Priest in Metropolitan John's jurisdiction.

Axios to Reverend Father Antonios who was ordained Priest on Saturday, October 25, 2014.

Lord Jesus Christ, have mercy on me a sinner.

Maria
Archon
Faith: True Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction: GOC

Post by Maria »

Axios, Axios, Axios.

Lord Jesus Christ, have mercy on me a sinner.