Greetings

This is a safe harbor for inquirers and catechumen to ask questions and share their journey into Holy Orthodoxy. Please be kind to our newcomers and warmly welcome them. All Forum Rules apply. No polemics. No heated discussions. No name-calling.
frphoti
Jr Member
Jurisdiction: GOC Kallinikos

Re: Greetings

Post by frphoti »

Antonios,

I hope you are guided by the Holy Spirit in your life. As a convert I can agree with Barbara that it is difficult. Choose who you get your info from wisely. Above all, pray.

May God grant you wisdom.

Fr. Photios Cooper

P.S. These types of websites are very useful, but don't rely on them as your sole resource of information about True Orthodoxy. Ask around too.

Truly, if the procession of the Holy Spirit from the Father is perfect, then that from the Son is superfluous.
St. Photios the Great

Maria
Archon
Faith: True Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction: GOC

Post by Maria »

Antonios wrote:

Thank you for the warm welcome Barbara.

My ideas? Well, they are in need of sorting really. I need to gain a better understanding of certain things and more clarity. More than anything, at the moment, I felt it necessary to simply make contact with people in the True Orthodox churches. I'm a strong 6.5 hours to the nearest church so I figured this was the best way to go about it for now.

Any good book or web suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

-Antonios

If you would not mind sharing in what general area you lived, then perhaps we could let you known if any mission parishes are opening up in your neck of the woods.

Lord Jesus Christ, have mercy on me a sinner.

jgress
Jurisdiction: GOC/HOTCA

Post by jgress »

frphoti wrote:

Antonios,

I hope you are guided by the Holy Spirit in your life. As a convert I can agree with Barbara that it is difficult. Choose who you get your info from wisely. Above all, pray.

Fr. Photios Cooper

P.S. These types of websites are very useful, but don't rely on them as your sole resource of information about True Orthodoxy. Ask around too.

I second that. The chasm between Orthodoxy and "internetodoxy" is notorious!

Matthew
Protoposter

Post by Matthew »

Welcome Antonios!

You are most welcome here. I trust you will enjoy your time with us.

Symeon

Priest Antonios
Faith: Orthodox
Jurisdiction: Metropolia

Post by Priest Antonios »

Barbara wrote:

I rushed to reply when I finally did see your post, Antonios.

For I want you to feel there are people LISTENING.

So don't be discouraged at any problems ! All can relate !!

Barbara, thank you for your kind words, advice and encouragement.

frphoti wrote:

Antonios,

Fr. Photios Cooper

Father, thank you for the advice. As I'm sure you can imagine, this is a step that has been years in the making.

Icxypion wrote:

Welcome Antonios!

You are most welcome here. I trust you will enjoy your time with us.

Symeon

Thank you Symeon. I hope it will be time well spent.

-Antonios

nathanv
Faith: Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction: fan of ROCA under Metr. Agafangel

Post by nathanv »

Greetings,
I just joined the forum today and also want to post an introduction, but I guess I am a little hesitant about just telling my whole story, so this is the short version. About 12 years ago I was very interested in orthodoxy and was chrismated into a Russian Church Abroad church in Denver. Since then I have relapsed into generic protestantism. I would like to come back to the church if possible. I have lots of questions and no one to ask them of, so that is why I am here.

Sincerely,
Nathan

Maria
Archon
Faith: True Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction: GOC

Post by Maria »

nathanv wrote:

Greetings,
I just joined the forum today and also want to post an introduction, but I guess I am a little hesitant about just telling my whole story, so this is the short version. About 12 years ago I was very interested in orthodoxy and was chrismated into a Russian Church Abroad church in Denver. Since then I have relapsed into generic protestantism. I would like to come back to the church if possible. I have lots of questions and no one to ask them of, so that is why I am here.

Sincerely,
Nathan

Welcome Nathan. Anyone who repents is welcome back into the Church as the Church is considered to be a hospital.

Please feel free to ask any questions here or start a new topical thread.

Lord Jesus Christ, have mercy on me a sinner.