EXPLANATION on the Prayer Rope by SERBIAN RTOC

Discussions of the prayer services of the Church. Prayer requests. Please pray for all who post here. All Forum Rules apply. No polemics. No heated discussions. No name-calling.
Matthew
Protoposter

EXPLANATION on the Prayer Rope by SERBIAN RTOC

Post by Matthew »

The Following was found at this website in Serbian and is translated by Gugle Translator:
http://stjenichanka.blogspot.ca/2013/02 ... .html#more

EXPLANATION on the Prayer Rope

Praying the rosary is one of the oldest ways of prayers, especially monks. Prayer ropes have a symbolic character. They are made from pure sheep's wool, which reminds us that we are minded sheep of the Good Shepherd of the Lord Christ who as the Lamb of God had suffered for us and redeemed us from eternal death. Small beads are usually 33 knots. There are bigger ones, with 50, 100 or 300 knots. According to an old legend, there was a monk who wanted to make a woolen rosary to count his prayers, but the devil is always razvezivao nodes which weave. an angel appeared to him and taught him to knit node consists of seven twisted crosses. This is one of the most complicated knots in the world. Such a rosary Devil could not untie.

HOW TO PLEASE the rosary?
In addition to prayer, which is located in the prayer book and regularly read at certain times of the day, the Church of Christ, bless their faithful to all your prayers can supplement or replace the short prayers that are repeated several times and reassembled repeatedly. They allow us and also help to gather our thoughts on the words of the prayer that we would not mind wandered.
How, then, to begin the prayer? Gathering thoughts, take the left hand ball beads, holding it gently between your thumb and forefinger. Traced the sign of the holy cross your right hand and silently start counting every single one prayer lumps.
The most common prayer of the rosary to pray is called. Jesus' prayer that reads:
Lord Jesus Christ, Son of God, have mercy on me a sinner!
or in a shorter form:
Lord Jesus Christ, have mercy on me!

Jesus' prayer is the most important prayer of every Orthodox Christian. According the rules of the church can not replace another. Being consecrated themselves the name of Christ our God, it descends into our hearts divine grace and brings peace of mind when unexpressed, frequently repeated. Many Orthodox Christians are so accustomed to this constant prayer that they have in their hearts and on their lips the name of Jesus Christ, even during sleep, because when one gets used to it it becomes a frequent mechanism by saying that goes like. the breathing process. Prayer is the greatest power lies in the name of Jesus Christ casting out from our hearts any confusion and anxiety and brings divine peace.
In addition to Jesus' prayer is common for Christians to pray and the Holy Virgin and the saints, and in the following way:

Holy Mother of God, save us!
SAINT (name of the saint) pray for me a sinner!
The rosary we pray for our neighbors, and to his people by the first knot rosary, recite the following words:
Lord Jesus Christ, have mercy on a servant (servant, a maid, a nation) of his _________ (name or multiple names on the list), and the other nodes do not repeat the name of the person for whom we pray if there are more, bigger speak:
Lord Jesus Christ, have mercy on His servants mention!

We can also pray for the departed relatives:
Lord Jesus Christ, he entered the sleeping slave of his SOUL ... (names), and still the Lord Jesus Christ reposed SOUL OF SAID HIS SERVANT!
When we are alone it is good to choose a quiet place of prayer and the words we speak in whispers. Orthodox Christians usually pray standing in front of icons and lighted Kandil, but I can pray and sitting or lying down when we are physically exhausted or sick. It is useful to be spoken after each cross our prayers. In this way, our attention is easily attached to the words of prayer. However, the prayer beads can be practiced at any place and in any situation: on the bus, train, waiting room, or even when walking through the conversation in which we do not participate. Many Christians before bed Osen cross your bed and lie in bed with a rosary praying silently until you fall asleep. In the morning, when they wake up, I'll be late rosary and so begin the day with prayer.

It is useful to separate bedtime and in the morning after waking up some time that we devote to prayer beads. The apostle Paul teaches us to pray continually. Certainly, when we are in a society we can not pray in the same way as when we are alone. In that case, should not attract attention nakakvim "strange" behavior, but simply silently to himself pronounce the following prayer silently turning, rosaries. Prayer in itself can be done quite easily by running the tongue and mouth closed Michelin following words of prayer. In short, we must pray always, and everywhere, and that no one else knows except God whom we pray and ourselves. Any intentional attract attention of other people around us is foreign to the spirit of true prayer, we need to carry in repentance and humility, humbly and quietly in the "sacred chamber of your heart."

During the prayer beads Fathers absolutely prohibit any imagination and imagining images. Our attention must be collected only at the words of the prayer. This is achieved through persistent effort and attention to exercise, but slow and unhurried proiznošenjem prayer that we reach a certain number of days. God hears and answers prayer, only that which is done mindfully. However, attention is now difficult to achieve, and therefore it is advisable to prayer and in the moments of absent-mindedness pronounced, because frequent repetition our mind gradually adapts to prayer and thus gain attention in prayer. In fact, the best way to learn to pray is to decide that occurs irrespective of whether it managed to get our act together or not. As the trickle of water that can be hollowed out and the hardest stone and frequency of prayer no matter how much she was still distracted, can lead to a pure and attentive prayer. Beads can be in times when not in use to keep in your pocket, or if a small arm. However, it is not nice to call attention to their prayer beads, especially the fingers to play them at leisure. They are used exclusively for prayer, not for a game or a bracelet - a decoration. According beads are bound to have the proper respect. Monks and nuns who weave our rosaries and pray during their work and therefore are the fruit of prayer and prayer beads are sanctified it.

Therefore, brothers and sisters, let us join ourselves to prayer the Lord Jesus Christ and his saints, for themselves and for their loved ones, to during this short earthly life sustained divine grace of the Holy Spirit, and became worthy of eternal reward in heaven. The Lord is always with us, in every place, because he teaches that the kingdom of heaven is within us, in our hearts. So, it's just that we always be with Him through prayer and other holy virtues. It is impossible to gain any Christian virtue without the grace of God, and we get her first prayer. So is prayer - EMPRESS virtues that we uzvodi to God himself and unites with him.

jgress
Jurisdiction: GOC/HOTCA

Re: EXPLANATION on the Prayer Rope by SERBIAN RTOC

Post by jgress »

I find it best to remember that one of the main effects of true prayer is the feeling of consolation. If praying feels burdensome, then you're not doing it right. Just remember that Christ is our Joy and our Hope, and when we call on Him for help, He responds, so long as our heart is open.

Matthew
Protoposter

Post by Matthew »

Very good point, Jonathan. Consolations in prayer are a great blessing and tell us that we are doing well, and motivate us to continue in this good work.

jgress
Jurisdiction: GOC/HOTCA

Post by jgress »

Plus, thanks for posting that. I wish a Serbian speaker could provide a better translation, though.

Matthew
Protoposter

Post by Matthew »

Plus, thanks for posting that.

You're welcome.

I wish a Serbian speaker could provide a better translation, though.

Yes I wish we had Fr Stefan back with us more regularly as he used to. He would likely be able and willing to do that. The fallout from the division in Serbia has made people less communicative or perhaps too occupied with other issues to maintain the level of interaction of the past. Or am I just imagining it was more frequent?

Maria
Archon
Faith: True Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction: GOC

Post by Maria »

Icxypion wrote:

Plus, thanks for posting that.

You're welcome.

I wish a Serbian speaker could provide a better translation, though.

Yes I wish we had Fr Stefan back with us more regularly as he used to. He would likely be able and willing to do that. The fallout from the division in Serbia has made people less communicative or perhaps too occupied with other issues to maintain the level of interaction of the past. Or am I just imagining it was more frequent?

Could you invite him to post more often?
I have always enjoyed viewing all the photos that he has posted.
And I would really like to see a more fluent translation.

Lord Jesus Christ, have mercy on me a sinner.

Matthew
Protoposter

Post by Matthew »

You should go to his Despotovatz id and send him a personal invitation. Let him know we are all in favour and miss his past greater interaction with us.