The Icon of the Hospitality of Abraham

This forum is for polite discussions among the various True Orthodox Christians. Only confirmed members of TOC jurisdictions are permitted. However, TOC inquirers and catechumen may be admitted at the administrator's discretion. Private discussions should take place in DM's or via email. Formerly "Intra-TOC Private Discussions."

Cyprian
Sr Member
Faith: Orthodox Christianity
Jurisdiction: GOC

The Icon of the Hospitality of Abraham

Post by Cyprian »

I'm afraid this site contains articles with serious theological errors. The article entitled: "The Icon of the Hospitality of Abraham" for example. I wouldn't want anyone to be misled.

Maria
Archon
Faith: True Orthodox Christian

Re: The Icon of the Hospitality of Abraham

Post by Maria »

Mod Note:

Since this topic on the validity of the Icon of the Hospitality of Abraham is a "theologumena" much like Toll Houses, this topic has been moved into the Private Forums on the advice of the Administrators.

Lord Jesus Christ, have mercy on me a sinner.

Maria
Archon
Faith: True Orthodox Christian

Re: The Icon of the Hospitality of Abraham

Post by Maria »

Iconographer Paul Azkoul has received his training in Iconography from Holy Transfiguration Monastery, part of the HOCNA jurisdiction. Recently, it has come to light that HOCNA has isolated themselves not only by embracing the Awake Sleepers and Name-Worshipping heresies, but also by accepting ideas on iconography and toll houses that diverge from most TOC jurisdictions.

Only a few months ago, Mr. Azkoul converted and joined HOTCA (the GOC jurisdiction under Archbishop Kallinikos) with his father who is a priest in the GOC. By the way, his father, Father Azhoul, has written extensively condemning toll houses.

Have the Azkoul's changed their perspectives? Furthermore, is information on Mr. Azhoul's site now outdated? I will not try to guess.

Lord Jesus Christ, have mercy on me a sinner.