Groups that claim to be True Orthodox

Formerly "Intra-TOC Private Discussions."

Maria
Archon
Faith: True Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction: GOC

Groups that claim to be True Orthodox

Post by Maria »

Since there are some strange groups on planet Earth that claim to be True Orthodox, when they might not be so, I did not want to place this thread in Traditional Orthodox or World Orthodoxy. In addition, I do not want to give them any publicity. Thus, I feel that it is more appropriate to have a thread here in Intra-TOC Polemics, where we can discuss such groups in private.

RTOC-AdNA

http://theorthodox.org/bishop.htm

Who is this group?
What is its history?

EDIT: It appears that the last entry on this website is Pascha 2012, almost two years ago.
http://theorthodox.org/lenten_pastoral_2012.htm

Lord Jesus Christ, have mercy on me a sinner.

Maria
Archon

Re: Groups that claim to be True Orthodox

Post by Maria »

Has anyone else looked into this group.

Maria
Archon

Post by Maria »

Anastasios has just posted this comment at facebook:

• Anastasios Dustin Hudson 8:05pm Mar 29
    The group in question has little to do with Soviet persecution of Christians. Its origins are instead in the UAOC, an attempt at forming a Ukrainian national Church. After communism fell, the UAOC was joined by clergy leaving the MP not so much for reasons of faith as for nationalistic reasons (not in all cases, though). It appears that the UAOC ordained some bishops for Russia, which strikes me as odd but may be a kind of tit-for-tat. Just speculation. At any rate, this is hardly "True Orthodoxy," even if the group in question has now adopted the label. I'm glad it has, but it needs to become part of a more historical True Orthodox jurisdiction.

Justice
Sr Member
Faith: Deism
Jurisdiction: Possible Inquirer

Post by Justice »

When I was first looking into True Orthodoxy, I almost fell for "RTOC-adNA" the devil likes to deceive. Though I wonder at heart if they want to become a canonical True Orthodox jurisdiction.