Metropolitan Chrysostomus of Attica giving relics to new calendar bishops ?

Formerly "Intra-TOC Private Discussions."

Jean-Serge
Protoposter

Metropolitan Chrysostomus of Attica giving relics to new calendar bishops ?

Post by Jean-Serge »

The information comes from the Greek site ROMFEA. 
https://www.romfea.gr/ieres-mitropoleis ... i-tou-foto?

The city of Epanomi celebrated saint Argyrios in April 2024. He is a Greek martyr of 1814. It was a religious and civil celebration with the participation of the new calendar clergy and the presence of a portion of the relics of the saint. How did they get this relics. Actually, they were given by the old calendar bishop from GOC Kallinikos, Chrysostomus of Attica, as reported in the article 

διαιτέρως και ευγνωμόνως ευχαρίστησε, τον εκ του παλαιού ημερολογίου, Μητροπολίτη Αττικής και Βοιωτίας κ. Χρυσόστομο, για την, κατόπιν παρακλήσεως του, αδελφική παραχώρηση τμήματος της Αγίας Κάρας, δεδομένου ότι η Κάρα του Νεομάρτυρος φυλάσσεται για εκατό και πλέον χρόνια σε Μονή της Μητροπόλεώς του.

The automatic translation, although strange, gives a good idea

he bitterly and gratefully thanked the Metropolitan Chrysostom of Attica and Boeotia, from the old calendar, for the Fraternal concession of a part of Agia Kara, at his request, given that the Kara of the New Martyr is kept for more than a hundred years in a monastery of his Metropolis.

Metropolitan Chrysostom of Attica and Boeotia is indeed a member of GOC-Kallinikos synod :
https://ecclesiagoc.gr/index.php/2018-0 ... rysostomos

https://imab.gr/index.php/pimenarchis

What difference with the Moscow Patriarchate giving relics of saint Seraphin of Sarov to the Vatican? Since when do you give orthodox relics to graceless  heretics ? Is the report from ROMFEA true?

Priidite, poklonimsja i pripadem ko Hristu.

SavaBeljovic
Jr Member
Faith: True Orthodoxy
Jurisdiction: ROAC

Re: Metropolitan Chrysostomus of Attica giving relics to new calendar bishops ?

Post by SavaBeljovic »

Hopefully it's not true. However I think we need to wait and see evidence before we jump to conclusions. I have seen all sorts of crazy reports about True Orthodox Synods that either turn out to be slander or blown way out of proportion, so we'll wait and see, and look for more evidence.

“The fear of the Lord is the beginning of wisdom, and the knowledge of the Holy One is understanding."

Jean-Serge
Protoposter

Post by Jean-Serge »

I will contact the secretary of the synod and some other persons to know more about it.

Theodore813

Post by Theodore813 »

Jean-Serge wrote: Thu 23 May 2024 3:41 am

I will contact the secretary of the synod and some other persons to know more about it.

Have you found anything else on this?  

"The Antichrist is not found primarily in the great deniers, but in the small affirmers..." - Fr Seraphim of Platina

Jean-Serge
Protoposter

Post by Jean-Serge »

No I did not have time to write my open letter yet.

SavaBeljovic
Jr Member
Faith: True Orthodoxy

Post by SavaBeljovic »

Dearest brother Jean Serge, I have found out more information about this incident, so I will provide more context:

According to our dearest brothers Feodor and Kristofer Dabrowski, who both contacted people in the GOC-K, this incident was not a "handing over of relics", but simply a part of a relic was temporary given to a New Calendarist parish for the laity to venerate, then returned to the GOC church. Thank God this is all it was.

Edit: I will just post our dearest brother Kristofer's words verbatim: 

"I asked a priest about this. There's more context here.

1. It's not permanent
  2. The relic is of a martyr, who is local to the area the relic was given
  3. It was for the feast day of that martyr, in his native town/village, for the sake of the laity"

“The fear of the Lord is the beginning of wisdom, and the knowledge of the Holy One is understanding."

Priest Antonios
Faith: Orthodox
Jurisdiction: Metropolia

Post by Priest Antonios »

Perhaps the laity should attend the feast day of the saint on the appropriate day. Then, perhaps, the temporary transfer would be unnecessary.

Or maybe we should hand our sacred relics over to the Latins for veneration as well.

Lord, have mercy. Vestiges of Cyprianism or am I being too sensitive?