Silverware?

Do you ever eat using forks or knives, in addition to spoons?

Yes

85%

No

15%

Total votes: 20

ania

Post by ania »

Actually, because my uncontrolable tendency throwing sharp objects, I'm court ordered to eat only with small wooden spoons... Hard to do when trying to eat steak.

:lol: Sorry Phil, that I couldn't answer this question on Sunday. :lol:
Glad you enjoyed your visit to J-ville.
Ania

Gregory2

Post by Gregory2 »

This is more fodder for the judgmental-prone among us .......

You use knives & forks - you are a heretic!
You don't cover your head - you are a heretic!

Mor Ephrem

Orthodox? HA!! :-P

Post by Mor Ephrem »

stgregorythetheologian wrote:

This is more fodder for the judgmental-prone among us .......

You use knives & forks - you are a heretic!
You don't cover your head - you are a heretic!

That's actually why I started this thread/poll. I was pretty sure everyone except me used silverware, and so I was going to call you all heterodox for not following the obviously Orthodox custom Jordanville follows. Thought it'd be funny. Some Orthodox forum this is, only three people refuse to use forks and knives! :P

But some people took it seriously enough to investigate the question, and so I thank them, especially Father Mark, for the information regarding forks. Believe it or not, I thought it was interesting. :)

Mary Kissel

Post by Mary Kissel »

I thought it was interesting too Mor, thanks for bringing it up! I am one of those 3 who don't use forks or knives :-p

Mary

Mor Ephrem

Post by Mor Ephrem »

MaryCecilia K wrote:

I thought it was interesting too Mor, thanks for bringing it up! I am one of those 3 who don't use forks or knives :-p

Mary

What can I tell you, Mary? You, me, and whoever else voted "no" are part of that faithful remnant who refuse to embrace the modernist fork-and-knife craze currently consuming "World Orthodoxy" and even most of the Old Calendarists. Yes, Mary--we are the Orthodox. :P

Joe Zollars

Post by Joe Zollars »

hey I am still waiting to hear how we are to count sporks.

Joe Zollars

Justin Kissel

Post by Justin Kissel »

Personally, I find the humor to be a bit much at this point, Mor. Perhaps the comics of the fourth century also made fun of Christians for dividing their entire Church over one letter (iota), but obviously that would have been an unfair jab. I know you don't mean anything offensive, but it's starting to get there (for this sensitive, defensive, traditionalist anyway).