The Romanian Old Calendar church and St. Glicherie

Formerly "Intra-TOC Private Discussions."

Justice
Sr Member
Faith: Deism
Jurisdiction: Possible Inquirer

Re: The Romanian Old Calendar church and St. Glicherie

Post by Justice »

If you look on the GOC-Chrysostomos website, you can see they believe in the “Light switch theory” as they don’t accept St. Glicherie’s sainthood as valid.

http://churchgoc.blogspot.com/2009/10/o ... mania.html

Maria
Archon
Faith: True Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction: GOC

Post by Maria »

Justice wrote:

If you look on the GOC-Chrysostomos website, you can see they believe in the “Light switch theory” as they don’t accept St. Glicherie’s sainthood as valid.

http://churchgoc.blogspot.com/2009/10/o ... mania.html

Yes, GOC-Chrysostomos is one of the groups that schismed from the GOC. I do not think that St. Glicherie is accepted by the GOC under Archbishop Stephanos due to the Cyprianite connection. It was after all, the Cyprianites who wrote his biography and who ultimately canonized him.

Remember that when the GOC accepted the repentance of three Greek New-Calendarist bishops, two of those bishop who had valid apostolic orders reconsecrated the other bishop who had been previously consecrated by the New Calendarist Bishops.

One of the first things that Archbishop Kallinikos did after the union with the Cyprianites in 2014 was to canonize a bunch of their saints, including our own GOC who suffered martyrdom.

Lord Jesus Christ, have mercy on me a sinner.

Agios_Irineos

Post by Agios_Irineos »

Axiom

“Everyone else’s canonical anomalies renders them graceless schismatics, but mine were necessary and acceptable.”

Corrollary

“It is impossible for God to act to preserve his Church.”

I’ve spent today listening to stories of two local ROCOR priests attacking me, then I come here and we love to do the same. Apparently certain gutless people like to send PMs about me to others on the site. We make sure to call some other synod graceless or schismatic. These inter-necine spats must end. May God have mercy on us and on me the most unworthy and greatest sinner.

Maria
Archon

Post by Maria »

Bishop_Irineos wrote:

Axiom

“Everyone else’s canonical anomalies renders them graceless schismatics, but mine were necessary and acceptable.”

Corrollary

“It is impossible for God to act to preserve his Church.”

I’ve spent today listening to stories of two local ROCOR priests attacking me, then I come here and we love to do the same. Apparently certain gutless people like to send PMs about me to others on the site. We make sure to call some other synod graceless or schismatic. These inter-necine spats must end. May God have mercy on us and on me the most unworthy and greatest sinner.

Lord have mercy.

If others are attacking you by PM, then those PMs should be reported.
If a member of this forum is sending PMs to others promoting his own synod, but attacking all the rest, then this should also be reported.

This Intra-TOC polemics forum was established to allow people to have civil exchanges in private so that they could learn about the different True Orthodox Synods. Yes, sometimes the topics here get heated, but asking tough question is necessary in order to discover the truth.

On the one hand, we need to know which bishops lean toward freemasonry, modernism, or ecumenism. On the other hand, we need to know which bishops are so rigid in their thinking, that they demand that the laity (but never the clergy) fast for an entire week before receiving communion on Saturday, but never partake on Sunday, and this rigid fast even applies during Paschatime.

It is imperative that we ask tough questions beforehand, so that we will neither find ourselves under such bishops of either extreme, nor be accused of church-hopping for lack of such information.

Maria
Archon

Post by Maria »

Regarding the light switch theory, except for the rigid schismatics who broke from the original GOC started by St. Matthew, I do not think that any of the True Orthodox believe in it.

The light switch theory teaches that as soon as a person espouses heresy, schism, ecumenism, modernism, or freemasonry, then they are lost and no longer have grace. God simply does not work that way. He hounds us with His grace until we either repent or harden our hearts against Him. He told us that the only sin that totally deprives us of grace is the SIN AGAINST THE HOLY SPIRIT.

What is this sin of blasphemy against the Holy Spirit? It was discussed by Christ in the New Testament, when certain Jews were accusing Christ of being possessed by a devil, of being a sorcerer, and by this demon being able to work miracles. This sin of blasphemy against the Holy Spirit was probably very rare in the time of Christ, but most likely today it might be more commonplace as so many people have denied Christ and/or are into satanic worship, freemasonry, secular humanism, and atheism.

About 15 years ago, I met a person online at a Christian forum, which I no longer participate in due to its rampant ecumenism. This person was quite sure that he had committed the sin of blasphemy as a youth so he started a thread asking for prayers and help as every time he tried to repent of it, he found that he could not do so. He could neither enter a church, nor could he call a priest. He suffered from nightly nightmares of being in Hell with the devil laughing at him. Although he greatly feared Hell, he found that he could not love God, Who would be sending him there. I tried to help him, encouraging him to call a priest to request prayers of exorcism, but he could not be helped.

As Christ instructed: all other sins will be forgiven us, if we repent, but not the sin of blasphemy against the Holy Spirit. It will neither be forgiven us in this life, nor in the afterlife.

Maria
Archon

Post by Maria »

Re: Light Switch theory

Apparently, Gregory of Colorado believes in the light switch theory because he will baptize, chrismate, marry, and ordain any person who comes from either the New Calendar or the Old Calendar synods, even if they have been ordained by an Old Calendarist. He has baptized, married, and then ordained those who have been previously divorced teaching that marriages prior to his "true" baptism do not count.

jdigrande
Faith: Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction: RTOC

Post by jdigrande »

Due to this incredible persecution of the OC in Romania, all of the OC sister churches should proceed to canonize St. Victor Vasili Leu the New Confessor as the only Romanian bishop during these times to stand up to Beria and the entire Gulag both in the Soviet Union and Romania. He never backed down and is buried in the NC monastery of Cernica a simple monk.

Ikons should be painted and services composed to the two great Romanian saints of the 20th century: Glicherie and Victor Vasili Leu. He was not embraced by ROCOR ever and should along with St. Matthew, Nicholai Velimirovich and Philaret be celebrated as great confessors for the faith. We should have ikons and services to all of these great saints without which where would we be?