10%

Absolutely not!

15%

No opinion.

30%

Total votes: 20

Schultz

Post by Schultz »

Just like Father Deacon Nikolai, I think I'll be voting for Petrouka come November. The whole concept of political parties is repugnant to me (as it was to George Washington), especially when there is only a "choice" of two. As the good Deacon noted, we do have more than one choice now, generally speaking, and don't let the naysayers try to feed you the line that a "third party vote isn't a vote at all". I'd much rather vote my conscience than for the lesser of two evils if given the choice. That's all I have to concern myself with, my conscience before God.

And the local elections, especially the school board and chamber of commerce, are where our voices are heard most and for the best.

TomS
Protoposter

Post by TomS »

I WOULD LIKE to vote for Petrouka come November, but he is not on the Maryland ballot.

And you can't do a write-in unless the candidate you want to write-in is already registered with the State Board of Elections as a write-in candidate. How STUPID is that!

----------------------------------------------------
They say that I am bad news. They say "Stay Away."

Schultz

Post by Schultz »

TomS wrote:

I WOULD LIKE to vote for Petrouka come November, but he is not on the Maryland ballot.

And you can't do a write-in unless the candidate you want to write-in is already registered with the State Board of Elections as a write-in candidate. How STUPID is that!

He's not?

Blast it!

Sean
Faith: Old Calendar Greek Orthodox
Jurisdiction: HOTCA

Post by Sean »

ania wrote:

Quite honestly I hope they both fall off the face of the earth(metophorically speaking), but then again, that's why I'm voting 3rd party.

A vote for a third party is a vote for Bush/Cheney.

Some people prefer cupcakes. I, for one, care less for them...

brendan

Post by brendan »

TomS wrote:

What's it matter? We're screwed either way.

I agree. As a life-long Republican, I'm totally disgusted with Bush even though I voted for him. I think probably I'll sit this out, since I'm definitely not voting for Bush again but I can't bring myself to actually pull the lever for Kerry. Maybe the best result would be Kerry in the Whitehouse and the Repubs maintaing control of the House and Senate. Then we'll have constant gridlock with neither side being able to accomplish anything.

brendan

Post by brendan »

ania wrote:

Quite honestly I hope they both fall off the face of the earth(metophorically speaking), but then again, that's why I'm voting 3rd party.

Me too. Both Bush and Kerry are worthless. Not a dime's worth of difference, IMHO.

Aristokles
Faith: Orthodox
Jurisdiction: ACROD

Post by Aristokles »

I've been a Republican for at least 30 years with only a few lapses to the other side, but I'm considering writing in a vote for Putin.

Demetri