Would You Participate in a Scripture Study Thread?

Reading from the Old Testament, Holy Gospels, Acts, Epistles and Revelation, our priests' and bishops' sermons, and commentary by the Church Fathers. All Forum Rules apply.

Would you participate? And if yes, to what extent?

I wouldn't participate or even read the thread.

No votes

I would lurk, but not participate.

12%

I probably wouldn't add much, but I'd read it.

29%

I'd be very interested in trying it.

35%

When do we get started!?

24%

Total votes: 17

尼古拉前执事
Archon
Faith: Eastern Orthodox
Jurisdiction: Non-Phylitist

Orthodox Calendar!

Post by 尼古拉前执事 »

You got it Toyota. I think just the Gospel at first, but maybe the Epistle is we find that we could use more to discuss. The Gospel reading for Sunday should be on any good Old Calendarist Orthodox Church calendar.

Or just go here: http://www.euphrosynoscafe.com/StNicholas/ and view the Calendar section for the readings.

Justin Kissel

Post by Justin Kissel »

So, should I post any patristic quotes I run across that would possibly be helpful/relevant?

尼古拉前执事
Archon

Post by 尼古拉前执事 »

That would be a very good idea, indeed!

Justin Kissel

Post by Justin Kissel »

I'm still a bit confused. Are we suppose to be discussing things (in the other thread) now, and the coming to conclusions or ending the discussion or Sunday/Monday... or are we suppose to hold off all discussion on the other thread until Sunday, and just collect our thoughts in our own head until then?

尼古拉前执事
Archon

Post by 尼古拉前执事 »

Discuss until Monday. Please drive though. :D I would more but my work load is not too light.

Justin Kissel

Post by Justin Kissel »

OK! We had 6-9 who were interested in the idea, and 5 more who said they'd at least lurk and maybe add something every now and then....... and now here we are two weeks in, and one thread had about 4-5 people post, and another thread had half that post? :? :mrgreen: Come'on folks, let's get at it!?

Julianna

Post by Julianna »

I've posted Vladika's sermons every week. I'd thought we're all supposed to post from our priests' sermons?