Why do we follow the Old Orthodox Calendar

Moderators: Mark Templet, Mark Templet

Barbara
Protoposter

Re: Why do we follow the Old Orthodox Calendar

Post by Barbara »

Ha ! Well said about that scary creep Merkel.
It's an irony of fate that she was given the Christian name, Angela !

That sounds so interesting. Please explain more if you have time about the running of agents.
I have read about Patrick Leigh Fermor's capture of the German General - was your father related to SOE ?!

Both Americans and British, as well as many other nationalities were involved in that organization to undermine the
German operations all over Europe and well beyond.

Please tell us whenever you have a chance in a new thread.
I don't intend to derail this one, naturally.

So you saw the picture of that miraculous event there ? Interesting. Sounds like a valuable new member,
thank you for posting here.

StephenS
Faith: Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction: Not attached presently

Post by StephenS »

No, he was a crew member on a small ship. A dangerous and typical route into occupied Greece at that time.

But as you wrote, lets not derail the thread :)

What surprised me was the nuns at the Alexandrian Patriarchate taking me to the picture, and it having a pride of place.

Matthew
Protoposter

Post by Matthew »

Yes, that is really interesting. IT shows us that People are complex and it is unwise to pigeon hole. When I was in the NCC (New Calendarist Church) I was totally against all the ecumenism and compromise but it took me years to see that separation was essential. Then when the penny dropped it shocked me how thick and blind I had been and wondered how could I not see that the TOC was entirely correct and alone constituted the authentic and grace-bearing Church. So, that's why we can't pigeon hole people because they often are totally with us in spirit but for reasons know to God alone they have not had the realisation needed to cross into the TOC, but would readily do so if they understood more clearly.

Barbara
Protoposter

Post by Barbara »

That's VERY WISE, Icxpion. Astoundingly astute [guess that is pretty good alliteration !].

Reminds me in a small manner of a New Calendar Greek abbess who confided to me that
"Well they [Old Calendar] are RIGHT< OF COURSE !
But we can't do anything because of our hierarchs".

So there might be many many fence-sitters perched waiting to see.

That's why the TOC's MUST HAVE A CREDIBLE appearance. So that these fence-sitters
will feel welcome and not beat up upon spiritually for their dalliance in New calendar jurisdictions.

Icxypion's statement reminds everyone of that.

People KNOW - but it's difficult to see the entire truth with ALL the distractions of modern life
most especially those sent specifically by the devils to pull their attention away from critical decisions like this.

There are countless manufactured problems drummed up by the Devil to target each one who is
not prepared to pray very hard to the great Archangel Michael, whom we honor today.
I couldn't believe seeing on oca blog where people considered Nov 8 his day. It's like suddenly
having blurry vision - one can't even read such notations commemorating Archangel Michael on a false day, so to speak.

Maria
Archon
Faith: True Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction: GOC

Post by Maria »

Icxypion wrote:

Yes, that is really interesting. IT shows us that People are complex and it is unwise to pigeon hole. When I was in the NCC (New Calendarist Church) I was totally against all the ecumenism and compromise but it took me years to see that separation was essential. Then when the penny dropped it shocked me how thick and blind I had been and wondered how could I not see that the TOC was entirely correct and alone constituted the authentic and grace-bearing Church. So, that's why we can't pigeon hole people because they often are totally with us in spirit but for reasons know to God alone they have not had the realisation needed to cross into the TOC, but would readily do so if they understood more clearly.

That was my position too.

I saw all the disunity among the True Orthodox, especially the outrageous websites of "Archbishop" Gregory of Colorado who has attacked every TOC and also has claimed that his church alone is the only true orthodox church. Furthermore, he has claimed that all other church are graceless and do not have the correct Mysteries. This prideful arrogance as seen in Gregory prevented me from jumping ship earlier even though I could see that the ship of the New Calendar Churches was aflame in multiple heresies.

During my sojourn to the True Orthodox Church, I visited different New Calendar churches and even those Old Calendar churches that were in communion with the N.C. Those ecumenists using the Old Calendar (ROCOR-MP) were the most vociferous in attacking the True Orthodox.

Lord Jesus Christ, have mercy on me a sinner.

Matthew
Protoposter

Post by Matthew »

Maria wrote:

Those ecumenists using the Old Calendar (ROCOR-MP) were the most vociferous in attacking the True Orthodox.

Yes, Maria, and this proves that the Calendar itself is not the issue per se, but the deeper goals behind the calendar change, namely the uniting of Orthodoxy to heresy, the consolidation of power, and ultimately the destruction of the Faith and the freedom of True Orthodox Christians. As St. Nilos the MyrrhStreamer of Athos said, "all of this will come about because the Antichrist wants to be the Lord of everything".

Maria
Archon
Faith: True Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction: GOC

Post by Maria »

Icxypion wrote:
Maria wrote:

Those ecumenists using the Old Calendar (ROCOR-MP) were the most vociferous in attacking the True Orthodox.

Yes, Maria, and this proves that the Calendar itself is not the issue per se, but the deeper goals behind the calendar change, namely the uniting of Orthodoxy to heresy, the consolidation of power, and ultimately the destruction of the Faith and the freedom of True Orthodox Christians. As St. Nilos the MyrrhStreamer of Athos said, "all of this will come about because the Antichrist wants to be the Lord of everything".

Was it the condemnation of the Pan-Heresy of Ecumenism that finally caused the True Orthodoxy to break communion with the EP?

Or did the switch to the New Calendar (with Christmas being jointly celebrated with the Vatican) alert the True Orthodox that something was amiss?

Which came first: Ecumenism or New Calendarism?

Lord Jesus Christ, have mercy on me a sinner.