Discussion and criticism of GOC-K & SiR Union

Formerly "Intra-TOC Private Discussions."

jgress
Jurisdiction: GOC/HOTCA

Re: Discussion and criticism of GOC-K & SiR Union

Post by jgress »

I agree. We really need the new official translation, or some clarification. I looked at the Greek version, and although I'm not fluent in Greek it looked to me like the Greek meaning of that paragraph was the same as the English one I had read. But yes we need the clarification.

Jean-Serge
Protoposter

Post by Jean-Serge »

jgress wrote:

But yes we need the clarification.

And quickly!! One month of waiting is enough.

Priidite, poklonimsja i pripadem ko Hristu.

Jean-Serge
Protoposter

Post by Jean-Serge »

I have just noticed that the Kinotita that broke communion with the synod addressed some letters on this topic in Greece at this link. I am going to try to have them translated English to understand what they are saying, directly from Greece and as formerly affiliated to the synod. The kinotita is an organization of priest and laymen that have been existing for decades. They were already with the old calendar from 1924 to 1935. These letters date back March (old style) 2014, it seems.

http://www.agiamarinagoc.blogspot.gr/2014/03/4.html

jgress

Post by jgress »

Jean-Serge wrote:

I have just noticed that the Kinotita that broke communion with the synod addressed some letters on this topic in Greece at this link. I am going to try to have them translated English to understand what they are saying, directly from Greece and as formerly affiliated to the synod. The kinotita is an organization of priest and laymen that have been existing for decades. They were already with the old calendar from 1924 to 1935. These letters date back March (old style) 2014, it seems.

http://www.agiamarinagoc.blogspot.gr/2014/03/4.html

Do you have any more information about this "Kinotita"? Were they formerly in the GOC-Kallinikos?

Jean-Serge
Protoposter

Post by Jean-Serge »

As far as I know the kinotita is a sort of association gathering laymen and priests. It was indeed under GOC Kallinikos and has always been in the old calendar since the early 1920s. I don't know what is the purpose of the association, but they own some church buildings, 3 at least.

jgress

Post by jgress »

Jean-Serge wrote:

As far as I know the kinotita is a sort of association gathering laymen and priests. It was indeed under GOC Kallinikos and has always been in the old calendar since the early 1920s. I don't know what is the purpose of the association, but they own some church buildings, 3 at least.

OK. I know that in the period when the GOC did not have bishops, i.e. 1924-1935, and 1955-1961 (except the Matthewites), an association of priests and laymen took the role of leading the GOC. It is possible this organization claims continuity from that organization, though I'm not sure what function it serves now that the GOC has bishops.

Jean-Serge
Protoposter

Post by Jean-Serge »

I think they are not acting as leadership and never did even when the were no bishops. It seems to me they are more like a gathering of people in an organization with aims that must be defined in their statuses. Since they own some church buildings, I guess that building management is probably one of the goal.