SHOCKING NEWS! Former ROCOR bishop forsakes...

Formerly "Intra-TOC Private Discussions."

m. Evfrosinia
Jr Member
Faith: Orthodox
Jurisdiction: RTOC

Re: SHOCKING NEWS! Former ROCOR bishop forsakes...

Post by m. Evfrosinia »

Metropolitan Daniel was never a bishop in ROCOR, I can vouch for that. He never met Archbishop Seraphim (Doulgoff) who supposedly participated in his consecration. Archbishop Seraphim resided here at the Lesna monastery and by 2001, when this consecration supposedly took place, Archbishop Seraphim was retired and ill with cancer. The only consecration that Vl. Seraphim ever participated in was that of Bishop Ambrose, which took place a week after his, in September of 1993, a few weeks before Archbishop Anthony of Geneva reposed. At one point in 2000 when we here at Lesna were without a permanent priest, Vl. Ambrose suggested that we might contact the then Archimandrite Daniel, whom he had originally met while Fr. Daniel was on a skiing holiday in the alps, and who had subsequently asked him if he could come to Europe, and ask if Fr. Daniel might be interested in coming to Lesna, at least for a while, during Great Lent and Paskha. Vl. Ambrose was careful to say that he was suspicious of him and disappointed in what he had seen so far, that he seemed a typical MP priest, and that his motives for asking to be received in ROCOR seemed to be more mercenary than anything else. With our Abbess' blessing I did contact him, and he readily agreed to come, and we spent a lot of time and money organizing his visa and his trip, which he kept putting off and off, until shortly before the first week of Great Lent, when he suddenly announced that he was very sorry, but he just couldn't bear to leave Russia. We really felt that he had abused our trust, and I ended up calling all over the world for days on end to find a priest that would serve here for Great Lent of that year. When we decided to leave ROCOR in 2006 and started searching for where to go, I was amused to learn that he had ended up a bishop in Met. Raphael's group, and that certainly was another mark against that group for us.

Matthew
Protoposter

Post by Matthew »

Lydia wrote:
Maria wrote:

If we True Orthodox consider the EP and the MP to have abandoned True Orthodoxy, then why would Archbishop Rafael be considered an Anti-Patriarch? It seems to me that the MP would be considered to be the Anti-Patriarch and to have vacated his see.

I was wondering that myself. Why does the Milan Synod recognize Patriarch Kyril? This doesn't make much sense.

The answer is simple. Any Jurisdiction, synod, bishop, or layman (Claiming to be TOC or not) recognises a Bishop of the World Orthodox Jurisidictions because they do not believe the Church of Jesus Christ is ONE and therefore they consider (contrary to every historical witness and ecumenical council) that the One True Church CAN be divided, be in communion with heretics without loss of grace, lift 1000 year old anathemas against the Latins, and still be a "branch or lung" of the hodge-podge of Genuine Churches of Christ which differ in doctrine but are united in "good intentions" and warm feelings of "brotherhood." That is the bottom line.

Suaidan
Sr Member
Jurisdiction: Autonomous Metropolia of the Americas

Post by Suaidan »

m. Evfrosinia wrote:

We really felt that he had abused our trust, and I ended up calling all over the world for days on end to find a priest that would serve here for Great Lent of that year. When we decided to leave ROCOR in 2006 and started searching for where to go, I was amused to learn that he had ended up a bishop in Met. Raphael's group, and that certainly was another mark against that group for us.

Blagoslovite--

WIth all due respect, Matushka, I would prefer that you not combine two things.

Metr Daniel was not made a Bishop until 2011; as I mentioned, my Metropolitan was a participant. He was an archimandrite in the MP both before and after your experience with him and remained with with the MP until 2010.

Fr Joseph Suaidan (Suaiden, same guy)

Lydia
Faith: Russian Orthodox
Jurisdiction: Ex-HOCNA and searching

Post by Lydia »

Icxypion wrote:
Lydia wrote:
Maria wrote:

If we True Orthodox consider the EP and the MP to have abandoned True Orthodoxy, then why would Archbishop Rafael be considered an Anti-Patriarch? It seems to me that the MP would be considered to be the Anti-Patriarch and to have vacated his see.

I was wondering that myself. Why does the Milan Synod recognize Patriarch Kyril? This doesn't make much sense.

The answer is simple. Any Jurisdiction, synod, bishop, or layman (Claiming to be TOC or not) recognises a Bishop of the World Orthodox Jurisidictions because they do not believe the Church of Jesus Christ is ONE and therefore they consider (contrary to every historical witness and ecumenical council) that the One True Church CAN be divided, be in communion with heretics without loss of grace, lift 1000 year old anathemas against the Latins, and still be a "branch or lung" of the hodge-podge of Genuine Churches of Christ which differ in doctrine but are united in "good intentions" and warm feelings of "brotherhood." That is the bottom line.

Yes, indeed.
Symeon, I see you are listing a different jurisdiction; may I ask what TBOC stands for? Also, where is Basatia?
Lydia.

Father Roman
Jr Member

Post by Father Roman »

You can not write a letter to His Eminence Hilarion for confirmations? The metropolitan Evloghios wrote many letters to the ROCOR and they have always responded.
If you write an answer, let me know. Have a nice day

:-)

Archimandrit Roman
Ορθόδοξη Αρχιεπισκοπή της Kλάσης
Православна Митрополія Західної Європи

http://sangiulio.org
Ο Φάρος της Ορθοδοξίας - http://alexandriapress.wordpress.com/

Suaidan
Sr Member
Jurisdiction: Autonomous Metropolia of the Americas

Post by Suaidan »

Father Roman wrote:

You can not write a letter to His Eminence Hilarion for confirmations? The metropolitan Evloghios wrote many letters to the ROCOR and they have always responded.
If you write an answer, let me know. Have a nice day

:-)

Well, I don't generally much talk to Metr Hilarion, as he's in the MP. But I have nothing to confirm, as there's no certificate! I'd like, on actual paper (you know, the reason ROCOR originally rejected the Seraphimo-Gennadites) some proof. Otherwise, your story is filled with holes, the most obvious one being that Metr Daniel was a MP priestmonk in good standing until 2010.

Too many MP folks love lying as long as there isn't a paper trail, and that's EXACTLY what I want.

Fr Joseph Suaidan (Suaiden, same guy)

Barbara
Protoposter

Post by Barbara »

What Mother Evfrosinia wrote is so helpful - as always !

For me, it's the only post I needed to read here to clarify for myself about this suspicious character.
Thanks Mother Evfrosinia !

I can hardly imagine after all that expenditure of time and money that this - to me - despicable person
would back out. That smacks of serious emotional and mental problems at the minimum.

Who could do that to a revered Convent ??
He let them know so late that they had to waste scarce funds calling all over to find a priest to serve for Pascha.
What a jerk ! [Am I allowed to say that ? !]

Let us remember this type can be typical of MP personnel. It's a good reminder for everyone to read her account.
Notice how Bp Ambrose, later of Vevey, is suspicious right off the bat. Sure enough, his wariness was justified based
on that one incident alone.

We all have to learn from this.