Absolutely not!

15%

No opinion.

30%

Total votes: 20

Daniel

Post by Daniel »

TomS wrote:

What's it matter? We're screwed either way.

I'm with Tom on this one.

I'm thinking I will boycott the Presidential election. I'm doubtfull there will be any one I can vote for in good conscience.

Liudmilla
Sr Member

Post by Liudmilla »

I'm afraid I have to disagree about boycotting....unltimately we do have a choice. it all depends on how we excersize our vote. How sad it is to avoid voting and then complain about the result? There are other parties other than the two major ones and then there's always the write in......

My mother tells a story...When they were living in Brazil, the choices for president were so repugnant to the voters that the voters write in their own candidate....they voted for a popular cartoon cow. The cow won!
They had to start from scratch on the election, but at least the people made their feelings known.

Now if only we could get everyone out to vote for Snoopy? :lol:

Milla

Daniel

Post by Daniel »

I have thought about writing someone in, I just don't know who though. I would love it if there were a 'none-of-the-above' option. Maybe I will just write that in. I also find the idea of voting for the 'lesser of two evils' kind of repugnant. Hence, me thinking of boycotting the Presidential election. Though that will be the only race I would not cast a vote in. Besides, technically the Electoral College still actually elects the President (though it seems they usually go along with the popular vote).

Etienne

Post by Etienne »

I cannot vote in the forthcoming Presidential election, so my view is an academic one. None of the candidates for either party appeals, and Mr Cheney appeals perhaps least of all.

My only comfort will be to deny "Teflon Tony" here my vote when the General Election comes around in about 12 months or so. (The incumbent chooses the election date here, a very different system!).

ania

Post by ania »

I too wish that there was a "none of the above" option. They have it so in Russia, and in several other countries i believe.
I registered to vote yesterday (had some time to waste at the DMV while waiting to register my car), but am still debating if I should vote or not come November.

尼古拉前执事
Archon
Faith: Eastern Orthodox
Jurisdiction: Non-Phylitist

My vote. My 3000th post!

Post by 尼古拉前执事 »

First off this is my 3000th post, so where is the party? :-P

Secondly, although I am not a member of any political party I would say that the Constitution Party probably lies closest to my beliefs. The local candidate I am not so sure about, but for president I am going to vote for their candidate, Michael Peroutka. I truly believe if you do not vote than you have no right to complain about the government you are given, and just as when I was a member of the Republican party I voted for Alan Keyes in the primary and Patrick Buchanan in the general election.

Of course, while voting for president is important, the local elections are even more important as they affect you where you live and work directly. If you have the freedom to vote, you should take the initiative to take advantage of this right. The Republicans and the Democrats are not the only options anymore, even if it is unlikely that a so-called 3rd party candidate will win. At least you have retained your right to complain about the current government. :-D

Justin Kissel

Post by Justin Kissel »

"None of the above" worked in Brewster's Millions, why not in real life? :P

Sorry, I don't mean to be making fun, I really do agree that it would be a good option to have... a way of sending a signal to the powers that be.