Formerly "Intra-TOC Private Discussions."

Maria
Archon
Faith: True Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction: GOC

Fr Michael (Woods) received into TOC by Met. Raphael

Post by Maria »

http://nftu.net/editorial-open-season-a ... ox+News%29

• In a surprise move, the lately suspended Fr Michael (Wood) of the ROCOR-MP announced today that he had been accepted by the TOC of Metropolitan Raphael of Moscow.

Is this a good move?

After reading the article over at NFTU, I am left confused.

Lord Jesus Christ, have mercy on me a sinner.

m. Evfrosinia
Jr Member
Faith: Orthodox
Jurisdiction: RTOC

Re: Fr Michael (Woods) received into TOC by Met. Raphael

Post by m. Evfrosinia »

It seems to me that this strange move raises still more questions about Metropolitan Raphael and his jurisdiction.

Matthew
Protoposter

Post by Matthew »

m. Evfrosinia wrote:

It seems to me that this strange move raises still more questions about Metropolitan Raphael and his jurisdiction.

Never even heard of him.

Suaidan
Sr Member
Faith: Orthodox
Jurisdiction: Autonomous Metropolia of the Americas

Post by Suaidan »

m. Evfrosinia wrote:

Considering that Fr Michael (Wood) applied to our Synod to use his Anglican liturgy before becoming a ROCOR-MP agent who tried to tear my Synod apart through the use of moles, before twice being suspended by ROCOR-MP and joining Metr Raphael who then made him the representative for England, apparently within a few days-- it's a legitimate cause for concern.

Matushka, I am still waiting for the biographical info. I have told Metropolitan John about it, and he is in fact waiting for it; I was not applying rhetorical flourish-- we do in fact wish to see the Russian text, and if it says what you say it does, my guess is they won't be forthcoming with it. While our position remains that these things occurred before his conversion to Orthodoxy, if it is in his biography, we have a serious issue which we are not afraid to act upon.

Fr Joseph Suaidan (Suaiden, same guy)

Barbara
Protoposter

Post by Barbara »

I have never heard of either the priest or, like Icxypion, Metropolitan Raphael.

This topic needs a fair amount of research and analysis so people can be correctly informed about the dangerous character [sounds like ].

Lydia
Faith: Russian Orthodox
Jurisdiction: Ex-HOCNA and searching

Post by Lydia »

http://catacomb.org.ua/modules.php?name ... age&pid=46
The above link was provided by Father Siluan. It is a detailed account of Metropolitan Raphael and his synod. It is in Russian but is easy to understand with a translator program.

Barbara
Protoposter

Post by Barbara »

Thank you, Lydia.

I have to read it with the translator. I thought Fr Siluan didn't think that this Met Raphael and/or his Synod is very good ?
Or was that someone else ?

In short, is it worth it to read all about this group? Are they actually legitimate, before spending too much time researching them ?