Life of Archbishop Gregory

Formerly "Intra-TOC Private Discussions."

Andrej

Life of Archbishop Gregory

Post by Andrej »

It took me several hours in this evening to read (most of) the biography of Archbishop Gregory:

http://www.archbishopgregory.info/index.shtml

In the beginning we read:

Let the truth be known, to refute the many rumors and slanders made by the enemies of Christ and His Church.

And in the epilogue we find:

The life of Archbishop Gregory proves that a person can remain steadfast in the faith, no matter what the circumstances in which he finds himself. He was and continues to be steadfast in the faith, and he is the only hierarch in America who has never compromised the Orthodox faith in any manner.

Has this biograpy already been discussed within this forum?

Any comments?

Suaidan
Sr Member
Faith: Orthodox
Jurisdiction: Autonomous Metropolia of the Americas

Re: Life of Archbishop Gregory

Post by Suaidan »

Psshaw....

Fr Joseph Suaidan (Suaiden, same guy)

Maria
Archon
Faith: True Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction: GOC

Post by Maria »

This thread has been moved into Intra-TOC Polemics after a post filled with polemics and attacking a priest was removed. TedMann aka Euthymios Valdez or soldier has been permabanned.

Lord Jesus Christ, have mercy on me a sinner.

Maria
Archon
Faith: True Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction: GOC

Post by Maria »

Who authored this biography?

Lord Jesus Christ, have mercy on me a sinner.

Matthew
Protoposter

Post by Matthew »

Archbishop Gregory wrote it at least in part, and it was edited by one of his monks or Church members (but likely one of his monks). In its originally released form, in some places they accidently left some of the pronouns, "I" instead of "he". Those errors have possibly been corrected at this point. In any case, sadly, it is written in a rather "lives of the holy elders" style, something entirely inappropriate for someone who is still alive, and even less inappropriate considering the fact that he himself had a hand in writing and composing it. Lord have mercy!

maximus
Faith: Orthodox
Jurisdiction: ROAC

Post by maximus »

Before I joined ROAC, I was involved with Gregory of Colorado... I remember this website being a sort of "warning bell" in my head, something that didn't sit right with me. It perhaps helped lead me away from him and into a True Synod.

“Sometimes men are tested by pleasure, sometimes by distress or by physical suffering. By means of His prescriptions the Physician of souls administers the remedy according to the cause of the passions lying hidden in the soul.”

+ St. Maximos the Confessor