The Mocking of Traditional Orthodox

Formerly "Intra-TOC Private Discussions."

Justice
Sr Member
Faith: Deism
Jurisdiction: Possible Inquirer

The Mocking of Traditional Orthodox

Post by Justice »

I didn't believe this at first but VICE "news" did a report on the GOC-K! I hadn't heard about this clergyman dieng but the article talks about how processing the clergyman's body through the streets of Greece. Link: https://www.vice.com/sv/article/av97gg/ ... est-parade

Barbara
Protoposter

Re: The Mocking of Traditional Orthodox

Post by Barbara »

That IS really mean. I hate the flip tone of the writeup.
Can't they keep to their own business ?

Justice
Sr Member

Post by Justice »

Vice is funded by Bill Maher, a firm New Atheist and others like him. I'm rather impressed they knew about the GOC-K to begin with. Still doesn't excuse his blasphemous attitudes toward the church.

Barbara
Protoposter

Post by Barbara »

I have heard that name, but besides assuming he is a television 'personality' - which = horrible ! -
I have no clue who this famous name is.

Well, it sounded from the video that he was not checking the GOC-K website on a daily basis for updates [ ! ]. But took the news from EP=Greek bloggers who posted against the 'bad Old Calendarist jurisdiction' and ridiculed them to the skies for this.

Surely this procession must have been a regular practice in the old days, but today must look quaint at best to the modernist New Calendar Greeks.

Thus this Bill m/person seized upon it because it's difficult to shock American audiences who have been conditioned to accept more and more disgusting things as daily usual normal input. So his staff probably scours the internet for weird or bizarre stories to increase his viewer number, thereby improving his website's ratings.

This was the sense I had when watching the clip. Remember, had this been a jewish practice, he would never have let that out to the world, but carefully shielded it from scrutiny.
Because it was Orthodox, or even if had been Catholic, Bill m/ and his program hope to get in some jabs.

Justice
Sr Member

Post by Justice »

Barbara wrote:

I have heard that name, but besides assuming he is a television 'personality' - which = horrible ! -

Well, it sounded from the video that he was not checking the GOC-K website on a daily basis for updates [ ! ]. But took the news from EP=Greek bloggers who posted against the 'bad Old Calendarist jurisdiction' and ridiculed them to the skies for this.

Surely this procession must have been a regular practice in the old days, but today must look quaint at best to the modernist New Calendar Greeks.

Thus this Bill m/person seized upon it because it's difficult to shock American audiences who have been conditioned to accept more and more disgusting things as daily usual normal input. So his staff probably scours the internet for weird or bizarre stories to increase his viewer number, thereby improving his website's ratings.

This was the sense I had when watching the clip. Remember, had this been a jewish practice, he would never have let that out to the world, but carefully shielded it from scrutiny.
Because it was Orthodox, or even if had been Catholic, Bill m/ and his program hope to get in some jabs.

He's had a TV show since 2003 called "Real Time with Bill Maher", and It's one of the most liberal minded shows out there. In it he talks about how the Catholic church, conservatives, and republicans are a danger to society.

Maria
Archon
Faith: True Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction: GOC

Post by Maria »

Justice wrote:
Barbara wrote:

He's had a TV show since 2003 called "Real Time with Bill Maher", and It's one of the most liberal minded shows out there. In it he talks about how the Catholic church, conservatives, and republicans are a danger to society.

Lord have mercy. No wonder our society is so messed up.

Lord Jesus Christ, have mercy on me a sinner.