Leaving the Euphrosynos Cafe

romiosini

Post by romiosini »

George Australia wrote:
romiosini wrote:

You must become "cooked" (As a holy Schema-Mother has told me, when I needed spiritual growing and preparing, when I was falling easily depressed at all these things that the internet or severe problems have been done to me), you must become used to taking the worse of worse insults and swallowing it into a prayer.

Dear in Christ, Vasya,
Thankyou for shaming me in to returning.
George

I didn't shame you. I did what an Orthodox Brother should've done. I didn't mean it in a bad way, I meant it as a spiritual brother being concerned for another. By cooked I mean, spiritual ψύσιμο. This wasn't shame, it was advice.

talk to you soon Georgi

Hexapsalms
Jr Member

Post by Hexapsalms »

George of Australia--

Please stay. I have found your posts interesting, and would like to read more.

Website forums do seem to bring out the feistiness in folks, but I'm here to learn about the Orthodox world, not to get into fights. Life is too short to grind axes. The main thing I find is that we should not turn our fears into dogma and mistake it for faith and right belief.

My sister and I visited a female relative this summer who has small children. While talking with her, her 2 year old was fussing, whining and misbehaving. My sister looked at the child and said: "That's what God sees when he looks at us!"

Yes, indeed. I have come to think that our lives, no matter how long lived, are one long childhood. I guess we will all finally grow up when we find ourselves in God's presence, face to face. Until then, we must listen to our mother the Church about minding our manners.

gphadraig

Post by gphadraig »

Like Hexapsalms, I too would very much regret George Australia going. I know it is a personal decision and many factors may lay behind it, including the state obvious. My concern would be that if too many reasonable folk go the Cafe may become increasingly the province of those who - for want of a better description - who seem intent on contention rather than debate, attack not dialogue and attack instead of seeking to build bridges or at least understanding.

In saying this I am not advocating 'wet' and 'falsely' sentimental meaningless chats within a set of entirely safe parameters where no-one actually says anything that may be worth discussing...............

So, Mate, please stay if you can. We not agree always but on a shared journey may learn something between us and the others who share this forum?

/\RT3|\/|0|\|

Post by /\RT3|\/|0|\| »

i guess I'm one of the causes for people leaving well you who want to leave forgive me if i caused you to want to leave BUT theres hope at the end of the tunnel the "protocals of Zion" thred has been closed so there you don't have to worry anymore about those " insults"

gphadraig

Post by gphadraig »

For that blessing, Bless the Lord